• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reinstalling CS4

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just replaced to HD on a friend's Mac Mini with an SSD and migrated all the software and data to it. Photoshop CS4 now won't open. I get the message "Licensing for this product has stopped working." "Error: 150:30" It suggested contacting Adobe tech support for help, but this was useless - they said they didn't support Creative Suite software. I don't need software support, I just need to have the license that was working this morning accepted.

Any ideas how to proceed? Thanks.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell everyone you know who owns a Mac, including Apple employees... Mac Migration and Time Machine DO NOT WORK properly with Adobe program activations due to hidden registration files that are not included when Migration or Time Machine make their copies

Code 150:30 License fix https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-licensing-stopped-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll try the steps described in your fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John Smith. Nearly a year later - never did resolve the issue and my friend has been without Photoshop since then, a pity. Adobe offered to sell me CS6 for $300 which seems a bit steep for ancient software. I tried your link but it doesn't exist now. Do you happen to know if, instead of using Migration or Time machine, it would work to use Carbon Copy Cloner which we both have? Or will that miss the hidden files too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe would NEVER try to sell you CS6. But every day we hear from scammers who do. So.. it's a good job you didn't give anything to the scammers. A year ago you might have been able to reinstall CS4 if your friend still had the disk and serial number, but it's too late now, the activation server was closed down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you're right. But last March it was still possible - here's what Adobe sent at that time:

On Mar 19, 2021, at 12:19 PM, Adobe Systems Incorporated <**scam email address**@outlook.com> wrote:

CS 6 license user limit is just 2..

But now we have 2 user license and 1 user license as well..

For 1 Mac CS 6 license will be after all the discounts US$299.99.

For 2 Mac CS 6 license will be after all the discounts US$399.99

Which one you require?

Anyway, an answer to my cloning question would be gratefully received!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops - I just read the source of the "Adobe" email! Wow. I wonder where that came from!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"License not working" doesn't mean the license was rejected. It means there is a software problem with the licensing component. Which isn't supported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines