• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repair a CS5 program with CD

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CS 5 32 bit was working but I accidentally changed some folders in the program folders trying to add a plug in. Now it won't link to my scanner. Can I repair it using the install CD? 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

In the end, in spite of an attempt from a phisher who purported to be from Adobe, I de registerd my CS5, uninstalled it, then re installed from original CD's. Now working. Also I solved a problem with using a Canon 8800f scanner with it and Windows 11 , so I can now scan slides etc using the 8800f, CS5 in 32 bit mode and TWAIN.!!

Mark as solved.Watch out for phishers!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant program folders! 

[Typo in first post edited by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to wipe old software off your machine.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Reinstall CS5 from the Direct Downloader below.  This is a safe link.  Be sure to follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS or it won't work.

https://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end, in spite of an attempt from a phisher who purported to be from Adobe, I de registerd my CS5, uninstalled it, then re installed from original CD's. Now working. Also I solved a problem with using a Canon 8800f scanner with it and Windows 11 , so I can now scan slides etc using the 8800f, CS5 in 32 bit mode and TWAIN.!!

Mark as solved.Watch out for phishers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the ID of the phisher (or PM me with the details)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave

I foolishly repied to Adobe Systems Incorporated <**scam email address**@outlook.com>

Last from him:

CS 6 will cost you but you will be getting the discount on CS 6 license

I reported it to Adobe phishing. The use of Adobe Systmms Incorporated was deceptive as was the first part of e mail address : AdobeHelp !! Fortunately I finally noticed tha lack of an Adobe logo !

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that you have reported it.

If you could also PM me with the forum ID he used to message you, I will pass it on to staff to get it banned from these forums.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave

I regert that I forget who but someone suggested I e mailed him at the e mail address I have blocked. I was rash to e mail him with my real e mail and name - Silly me. If I have more information I'll let you know.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines