Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacement CS3 Installer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I need to re-activate my CS3 software, but have discovered this is no longer possible online or over the phone.

I have discovered how to download the replacement installer and get a new serial number.

The problem is it does not download. I have installed the Akamai software and it pops up for a split second to download, then just this screen:

Capture.PNG

Why should we need to reactivate the software when you know we own it and it has been working fine.

I do not need to update to the newest version, as this is more than sufficient for my needs.

I hope someone can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Yes, OldGit, I am responding to your existing forum discussion.

Your last chance will be to review the installation logs to determine why the Creative Suite 3 installer is freezing.  For information on how to locate the installation log see Troubleshoot installation with install logs | Adobe Creative Suite 3, Adobe Creative Suite 4  .  You will want to use the find command to locate any relevant errors within the log.  You are welcome to post any errors you discover to this discussion, OldGit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

retry using a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I think I have worked it out now.

I believe it is because of our work proxy server, although I cannot think of a workaround. So I will have to try it at home over the weekend and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to download it now at home, so the problem appears to have been the proxy server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. This has not helped.

I completely uninstalled the old programs, then reinstalled using the newly downloaded package.

but, when I open one of the newly installed programs, it still askes for reactivation, which was the original problem, and there is no option of entering my new serial number.

Again I ask, why should I need to reactivate when Adobe knows I own the product and it was working fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall cs3 (using the uninstaller)

clean per http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

remove the cache.db file from Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/

restart your computer

follow the steps here to install cs3, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/activation-fails-cs3-acrobat-8.html

if that fails read this, https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2385900

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your reply.

This is very helpful.

The only problem is now the new setup will not run, it flashes up as if it is going to install, then nothing.

When I look in the programs and features it is showing there, but it has not installed.

I assume I cannot re-install from my disc and just change the serial number.

As someone said on one of the links you gave:

"Does anybody here besides me think that this complicated procedure to use an Adobe product one has already paid hundreds of dollars for is anything less than ridiculous! I guess this shows how little Adobe respects its customers."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct.  you can't reinstall using your disc with the new serial number.

you must use the new installation files from that link and the new serial number obtained via that link.

what's your os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you read the last link in message 6 and that failed, install using compatibility mode (win xp, sp2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do appreciate all your help.

I have now tried it in every compatibility mode, but with no luck.

It starts to load then disappears, then I get a message from Windows asking if it installed correctly.

I now have things I desperately need to get completed, but am unable to, as Adobe thought it would be a good idea to mess anyone up with older products, I assume to try and get them to purchase the newest version.

Again, I really do appreciate all your help, its just a shame Adobe are not as helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer in safe mode and retry installing using compatibility mode and right cilcking the installer > click run as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for trying to help.

Unfortunately, I cannot change compatibility settings when in safe mode, that option is greyed out.

I tried to install normally in safe mode, but it does not even flash up to start installing.

I then ran the troubleshooter and ticked the option to say it worked in Windows XP, then tested it, but again nothing.

I don't think the time difference between us is helping, as this is causing the issue to become a very long process to solve.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something on your computer is preventing installation.  that might be av or some other protection but if you can't circumvent that, i don't know what else you can do except upgrade to something compatible with your os and current programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating.

It worked fine before Adobe, for some strange reason, decided to stop it by asking to re-activate.

The copy I have on disk installs and worked with no problems, just activation issues, so the problem is not the operating system.

Why should I need to upgrade when there was no problems?

This version is ideal, as we do not have to pay into a yearly subscription, which I believe is all you can now purchase.

Very Disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldGit, I am sorry you are facing activation difficulties after reinstalling Creative Suite 3.  Did you remove the cache.db file as referenced by Kglad in message #6?  This step cannot be skipped and you will continue to encounter activation errors until the file is successfully located and removed.

For complete details on how to locate the cache.db file see Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 .  Even if you feel you have previously removed this file please do so again, OldGit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

The problem is not activation now, it is installing from the downloaded files.

It pops up as if it going to install, but does nothing.

I have removed all the files associated with Adobe, but this has not helped.

I can install from the disk with no problem, but not from the downloaded files.

It worked fine until Adobe decided I need to reactivate, and I cannot use the new serial number with the disk. I have to use the downloaded files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldGit, are you receiving the error that you posted in the original post of this discussion? 

If not can you please post a screenshot of any current errors?  Details on how to post a screenshot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I have got past the original problem. The problem now is getting the installer to run.

I was posting on the forum and someone was being very helpful, but all the solutions they gave did not help.

Are you able to see my forum discussion?

This will give you a better understanding of my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, OldGit, I am responding to your existing forum discussion.

Your last chance will be to review the installation logs to determine why the Creative Suite 3 installer is freezing.  For information on how to locate the installation log see Troubleshoot installation with install logs | Adobe Creative Suite 3, Adobe Creative Suite 4  .  You will want to use the find command to locate any relevant errors within the log.  You are welcome to post any errors you discover to this discussion, OldGit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with CS3 but on a mac with Sierra 10.12.  I have received the new serial number and downloaded the software, but when I click on it to open it flashes and then disappears and nothing happens.  Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 and earlier programs HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED AND WILL NOT BE UPDATED for Mac El Capitan or newer operating systems

-this includes other programs that are a similar age as CS6, such as Photoshop or Premiere Elements

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems due to Apple updates

-this is about CS6 (which is from 2012) but it will probably apply to other programs of that age

-Apple did not maintain backward compatibility with old programs in El Capitan or newer operating systems

--Adobe has a workaround to Apple's problem of not maintaining backward compatibility

--READ HERE https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2301916 for an Adobe solution to installing old programs, including a link to installing the old Java runtime that is required

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Mac Os  Sierra 10.12.6.  It is not a new operating system and I checked and it is compatible with CS3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open package to get it to install but an error message came up

Setup Error

Setup has encountered an error and cannot continue. Contact Adobe Customer Support for assistance.

The log says

Last login: Fri Jun 21 12:24:43 on console

xxx/Volumes/Adobe\ CS3\ Design\ Standard/Adobe\ CS3\ Design\ Standard/Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Setup ; exit;

Begin Adobe Setup

UI mode: Full GUI

2019-06-21 13:37:15.413 Setup[678:27971] Calling AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges

hdiutil: attach failed - Resource busy

2019-06-21 13:37:24.445 Setup[678:27971] wait result is: 681

logout

Saving session...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines