• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request Code Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 for Mac

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Dad purchased me a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 in 12/2013. Before I could install it, I moved and lost it.

I recently found it again. It has never been opened and has the receipt taped to the box. 

I am trying to install it on a 2013 Imac.

It gets to the screen to validate the serial number, but refuses to connect to the internet and advises me to do the off line registration.

So I try that. It takes me through some steps where I exchange my Redemption Code for a Serial Number, then to a screen to enter a "REQUEST CODE" and my serial number that I just obtained.

The "REQUEST CODE" line is blank. There is nothing in the documentation about a "REQUEST CODE" and when I push the "Generate Response Code" button. It simply says 'REQUEST CODE INVALID" Most likely because it is BLANK!!

I have been all over thse forums and keep seeing the same advice, which does not work at all.

Where do I get a "REQUEST CODE"??????????

Thank you.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offline activation was discontinued.

Have a look here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/common-network-connectivity-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the whole problem. I have a perfectly good connection for everything else. I've also disabled everything, checked the connection and changed from an Ethernet to WiFi, it still says I have no connection and to do the offline activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Mac support TLS 1.2? Or have that support enabled? That seems to be a common cause of the "no connection" issue.

See here for more:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html
http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure what that is or how to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What OS (system eg Sierra, Catalina) does the iMac run?

Be sure to keep that serial number safe - write it down. You can only redeem it once!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines