• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution to Apple Silicon Application Issues

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased one of the newly released Apple MacBook Pro (14”) with the Apple M1 Pro chip. During the setup, it asked if I wanted to migrate the prior settings/files/data/applications. I didn’t give it much thought and proceeded to do the migration. Everything worked flawlessly, and I began using the Adobe applications I subscribe to.

I’m a bit fuzzy on the details, but I believe the next day (or so) was Adobe MAX, and the introduction of several new releases. Somewhere in the correspondence I received it talked about native applications for the M1 chip. I checked and I was running the Intel version.

For a week now, I have been going back and forth with your customer support trying to figure out why I am not running the Universal applications which supports the M1 chip. And for a week I have gotten the same response … just uncheck the Rosetta option, and it will run in native mode. BUT ... THERE IS NO ROSETTA OPTION IN THE INTEL VERSION … DUH!

Today I initiated a chat session and was connected to Alok. Within minutes he had identified the problem … I did not have the latest (M1) version of Creative Cloud. Downloaded and installed Adobe Creative Cloud for the M1 chip, and away I went. Reinstalled all my apps, and all my applications are working as expected now.

Now, this is not rocket science, but apparently your tech support isn’t up to speed with your products for Apple computers. I don’t know what Alok’s job is specifically, but he was able to fix every Adobe product I had installed in a matter of minutes. Something which I spent many (>2) hours with your support agents over the last week trying to resolve.

My suggestion: make sure you keep Alok happily employed. In fact, if you have some sort of internal training program for your customer support agents, you might consider having them report to him, or put him in charge of your internal training programs (at least for the Apple Platform).

To reinforce that point, I was about to the point of canceling my Adobe Creative Cloud - All Apps Subscription today and migrating to other offerings. And the way I was feeling, probably suggesting everyone in my Photography Club do the same. A little bit of thought and common sense is all it took for him to figure out the problem.

Anyway, I apologize for 1) likely posting this in the wrong forum, and 2) taking the long way of saying I was very satisfied with my customer support experience (at least from Alok).

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Chris Wilhelm

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, thank you for the feedback. I am showing three support cases under the account you used to post to this public discussion forum. What is the specific case number that your feedback is about?  Information on how to locate and update your recent support cases can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html.

For future viewers of this discussion, please do not migrate Adobe applications from one computer to another. Adobe applications are not designed to be copied from one computer to another.  Completing the migration procedure complicates the process for individuals using Macs with the new Apple processors.

In the case of the new Mac computers, the intel version of our applications is then copied to the new computer via Migration. Unfortunately, this bypasses the process in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html and does not allow the installer to detect the type of processor used and install Universal versions of our applications.

Instead, you can download and run the CC Cleaner Tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove the previous installations.  A fresh install will then install the Universal version of the Adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the case was ADB-21774716-T2W2. And thank you for the follow-up Jeff. Guess I should have come to the community first. That was exactly my problem.

I went through and manually removed most (if not all) the Adobe applications yesterday, reinstalled Creative Cloud, and then installed the apps from there. I successfully downloaded the Universal versions of all the apps I use. Would there still be value in running the "cleaner tool" and reinstalling everything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming the case number, Chris. I will pass on the feedback.

You can hold off on using the CC Cleaner Tool if you are not currently encountering any problems.  I would recommend you bookmark this discussion though, Chris, in case anything odd does start to occur.  People who migrated the Adobe apps on the M1 Macs have reported a variety of errors and issues.  Fortunately, the use of the CC Cleaner tool and reinstallation of the software tends to resolve them.

Finally, Chris, I would also recommend bookmarking https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html to be kept up to date regarding the use of Adobe applications on Apple's new processors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines