• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is often a company I associate with strangely complex products (even if the task is simple and high level), even stranger help systems (convoluted often found from a search engine and not within Adobe itself). Product introductions that come and go without ever reaching production status.

Now I have a new Adobe association, strange even absurd or illegal product subscription charges. I canceled the use of a product and the charge was $118.49 Canadian, this is the cost of many products ! Surely this type of practice is illegal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Hi Nate,

Sorry for a late response.

I see you have an Adobe account under the same ID as with forums. The subscription under this ID has been canceled.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

We hope you had a good experience working with Adobe!

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn,

I understand it's painful for you to pay the cancellation charges, however, when a subscription is purchased there are certain terms and conditions that you agreed to. Please have a look below for clarification: Legal subscription terms | Adobe

You may also Contact Customer Care for more information.

Feel free to follow up for any other questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kanika!

I'm leaving USA because my J1 VISA ends in January and I will not have an Income to pay the monthly price till further notice. So I have two questions.

1. Why Am I being charged 49.99 (plus taxes) when I signed up for the Student plan last year.
  2. How can I leave the plan without being charged those ridiculous fees?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Naela,

I see you have an Adobe account under the same ID as with forums. The subscription under this ID has already been canceled & all your questions were taken care by our Adobecare team.

Feel free to respond back if there is anything else you would like to know.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a joke !

It was never clearly mentioned it when I subscribed. 

You are abusively charging the people.

Got same problem/ I will complain to journalists if you do not pay me back.
I even didn't use your damn software.

Toxic company, I will flag you in all online blogging !

Expecting prompt reply & excuses.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe provides a link to the subscription terms on the same page it asks for your credit card information. 

adobe terms.png

This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really expect every individual to click through and read your stupid policy. I had to buy this bs for work and now im trapped with it because of misleading business practices. Legal or not, you all know exactly what your doing and know that every day people only need a few features for small things and that they may need to cancell because they cannot afford the extra expenses coming out of their account every month. You intentionally trap the average consumers with hidden bs in you terms of service. I know this wont change anything but I will certainly never use your products again and hope that others do the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I am not an Adobe employee. If you have issues with how they run their business, take it up with them. 

Adobe
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110-2704
USA Tel: 408-536-6000
USA Fax: 408-537-6000

2. Contracts are there for a reason. No one can force you to read them, but if you sign one you are required to fulfill its terms. That's not an Adobe thing, that's been the law for millenia.

3. Adobe has, after many years of complaints (including from me), updated their purchase page. This information is now available there, but again, no one can force you to read it.

new billing page info.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really expect every individual to click through and read your stupid policy.

By @jaret24504467m33i

Yes, because:

1. It's a one-page thing on my computer screen, three pages on my iPad.
  2. The cancellation terms are a three-liner from that and easily readable.
  3. You agree that you have read and accepted the terms.

I always read the cancellation terms of the contracts I take. I also like to look into the privacy notes.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really expect every individual to click through and read your stupid policy?

==========

TERMS are not stupid. And YES.  If you don't understand the importance of being an informed consumer, perhaps you should ask your parent, teacher, or an adult friend to help you.  Ignorance is not an excuse from  financial and contractual obligations.

How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ultimately that DOES NOT absolve Adobe for their use of onerous cancellation fees - it's an ELECTRONIC SERVICE that doesn't cost them anything if you cancel and yet they put in the fee to KEEP YOU FROM DOING SO, instead of simply doing what's best for their customers!!  You can insist that they're justified in hiding behind legal guidelines all you want and it doesn't change the fact that they're prime concern is their bottom line and not customer satisfaction!!!  If I accidentally signed up for the wrong product, and in fact never used it at all, then they should be able to allow me to cancel my subscription and simply accept that people can make mistakes and for them to insist on profiting from them is ultimately BAD BUSINESS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteIf I accidentally signed up for the wrong product, and in fact never used it at all, then they should be able to allow me to cancel my subscription...

By @Russell256003707ttz

==========

And they do. Everyone has 14 days to cancel without paying any fees. If you realized you made a mistake, why didn't you cancel immediately?

Ultimately, customers must take responsibility for what they do (or don't do).

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am fully aware that had i read the fine print, I could have figured out that I would be charged a bunch of money for cancelling my subscription...not the point. In fact I did read the fine print, I meant to cancel within the 14 day window, but forgot. I  had to edit one single picture for a publication as I am a researcher in the natural sciences and don't use design software often. The cancellation fee is just a terrible business practice because it pisses off people who were loyal customers in the past (such as myself with Acrobat Pro) or who might be in the future. I will now tell everyone I know NOT to use Adobe Creative Cloud. I will ALWAYS look for an alternative when doing any design work, and make sure my network of colleagues and students knows the way Adobe operates.

Thank you,

Nate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nate,

Sorry for a late response.

I see you have an Adobe account under the same ID as with forums. The subscription under this ID has been canceled.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

We hope you had a good experience working with Adobe!

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. I wish so badly that I would have read the reviews in how difficult it is to reach someone to be able to ask questions or get information before cancelling. I will always find an alternative to Adobe moving forward, too many issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I want to cancel my membership, but I'm afraid of the fees that may be charged to my card. Not to mention I can't get a hold of anyone, by phone or by chat

I'm not usually one to complain, I get that people are busy, but I've literally tried getting in contact with support multiple times and every time I wait for like an hour and never receive any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same problem I need to cancel because im completely unable to use mine, I was never told about the cancellation fee whatsoever and do not have the money to cover it at all

I dont have the time at all to wait two hours on phone to talk to support about how to cancel my subscription that is now charging me if I cancel for a full year which i did not select in my plan at all I'm furious and want to know why its been changed from an annual monthly paid subscription to a full year when i had only paid for two months prior to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pierces10973071  wrote

annual monthly paid subscription to a full year when i had only paid for two months prior

Annual monthly means a one year subscription commitment paid monthly.  If you read the agreement, you will find why there is a cancellation fee. It is less expensive than the Monthly Plan.

The Monthly plan allows you to cancel any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had assumed i would only have to pay for just the months i selected in my plan which was my mistake

is there any way to cancel out of it without having to pay for the rest of the year or am i stuck with this?

any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can contact Adobe and see if they will do anything for you:

contact-bumper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines