• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run Apps from External SSD on M1 Mac Mini

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a youtube video that allows you to copy applications to an external SSD & then delete the original from the applications.

I was wondering if you could do that say run Illustrator,Photoshop,Lightroom Classic, & bridge from the SSD in order to save as much space as I can

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021
upon speaking to adobe support  I have found a solution - opened a finder window created a folder on the
external SSD - Create a folder for the adobe apps to be installed dragged that folder to the sidebar. then into the creative cloud preferences & then selected that folder from the sidebar - success

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better do a fresh install instead of just copying files over. Otherwise, apps may no longer work properly.

You can change the install location directly inside the 'Creative Cloud desktop app' - here's how:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/change-install-location.html

However, changing the location will only affect new installations. Thus, you may want to uninstall your currently installed Adobe apps first, then change the location and download the desired apps again. It may sound tedious, but that's the safest way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you mean a fresh install, I take it to uninstall everything including the creative cloud app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

want as my Default location.jpeg

unable to change my default location.jpeg

So when I choose my default location - I get an error of "Unable to Change Default location" do I need to do something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS I uninstalled the creative cloud app, then installed it. just to let everyone know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
upon speaking to adobe support  I have found a solution - opened a finder window created a folder on the
external SSD - Create a folder for the adobe apps to be installed dragged that folder to the sidebar. then into the creative cloud preferences & then selected that folder from the sidebar - success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines