• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sales tax issue

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved from a state that had sales tax to a state that does not have a sales tax. I've tried several chats with support to get the sales tax removed from my account.

They keep thinking I'm a non-profit or something and want a tax exempt certificate when I just want Adobe to update my Ship-To information in their billing system. I get an annual bill for Photography and a monthly bill for Adobe Pro that I need corrected.

Any suggestions on how to get this fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

try the phone and let them know they're charging sales tax for a state that has none.  (ie, don't lead the discussion with your move. lead with how can you charge sales tax when you live in a state that has no sales tax):

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Teacher, thanks for your question about removing the sales tax from an Adobe order. I see that you have already been in contact with our support team, and that case number ADB-27751888-Z7D1 is currently open and pending our response.

Please be aware that your request to remove sales tax is unusual. For the United States, the Sales tax is calculated at the time of purchase based on the state, and possibly county, where the individual is located. It is an automatic calculation and should not be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already completed that. Even my invoices show the correct address as shipped to a tax free state.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the phone and let them know they're charging sales tax for a state that has none.  (ie, don't lead the discussion with your move. lead with how can you charge sales tax when you live in a state that has no sales tax):

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I gave this a try and focused on the tax, not the move. I'll give it a few days or more and see how it goes, but I feel this may be the solution. Once I got them to realize I was a private citizen in a no-tax state and not a non-profit, it seemed like they got me point in the correct direction. Will keep the thread posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about your region's laws obviously.  But just because your particular State charges no sales tax doesn't exempt you from other fees levied on software, etc..  

Also is this an annual plan or the costlier 1 month at a time plan?

If it's an annual plan, I think your price remains the same until the 12th month of service.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Teacher, thanks for your question about removing the sales tax from an Adobe order. I see that you have already been in contact with our support team, and that case number ADB-27751888-Z7D1 is currently open and pending our response.

Please be aware that your request to remove sales tax is unusual. For the United States, the Sales tax is calculated at the time of purchase based on the state, and possibly county, where the individual is located. It is an automatic calculation and should not be confused with the request for Tax-exempt status listed at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/place-tax-exempt-order.html.

I can tell you, as someone who lives in one of the few Sales tax-free states in the United States, I would expect that any adjustments for sales tax would be taken care of when the annual plan renews. If you moved in the middle of the plan, then no changes would be made until the next time a price adjustment was implemented.

You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update your active support case, Teacher. Our team will be able to look into your specific circumstances in more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines