• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeking resolution to Student Account issue?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First recognize that you have been caught in a bait and switch scheme. If you signed up for a student account and then see an automatic withdrawal of twice that much out of your checking account, or better yet, a one time fee of $380, you are a victim of Adobe's swindler ways. They will tell you that your student id expired, that they can charge you a rate of $380 without notifying you or asking you if you still want the account. If you try to cancel your account, they will charge you a cancellation fee that is as much as the full cost of the account. Officially, they only allow fourteen days out of a calendar year to cancel your account that's it. They even have a clause in their contract that says if you change your bank card info on them, they will contact your card carrier and attempt to gain your new private information so that they can continue to make withdrawals. If you call and cancel, it won't matter, they will deny you called and continue to bill you. If you write an email and cancel, they'll deny they received the email. If you have two accounts by accident, they will take a lump sum out for one, and then monthly withdrawals for the other -- depending that you won't notice the first lump sum withdrawal. If you beg for help and a way out of their unfair bait and switch traps, they will not let you out, no matter how long you've been loyal to Adobe. Their Indian bot chats are the worse, don't waste your time.

The way to get out is as follows: write a letter in email form, get into a chat, and wait. When the window opens immediately write the date, your name and then you have your account no ready,  plus any other order number in it, then write explicitly that you're giving them notice of cancellation. Tell them you will consider any further withdrawal made by Adobe an act of theft. Click receive a transcript of your chat by email and attach any pdf you have of the account order to the chat window. You may actually need to move to a different bank to stop them from continuing to attempt to withdraw from your account, even after you change your bank card number. Finally write your state's Attorney General's office and complain. There's a simple form to fill-out online and they will take action to investigate Adobe. Many people who were once loyal customers and long time users are being taken unfair advantage of by Adobe. There's an end to it if you follow these steps. The cancellation charge is exorbitant, the cancellation process obscure, the bait and switch tactic an unfair business practice. Stand up to this corporate tyranny people, we don't have to take it anymore.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the Creative Cloud forum... Mod]

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Hi,

this price change has nothing to do with the student ID but simply the end of the promo for the first year for students and the return to normal price for students.

On the term I can read :

Eligible students 13 and older and teachers can purchase an annual membership to Adobe® Creative Cloud™ for a reduced price of US$239.88 for the first year. At the end of your offer term, your subscription will be automatically billed at the standard subscription rate, currently at US$359.88/year (plus appli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this price change has nothing to do with the student ID but simply the end of the promo for the first year for students and the return to normal price for students.

On the term I can read :

Eligible students 13 and older and teachers can purchase an annual membership to Adobe® Creative Cloud™ for a reduced price of US$239.88 for the first year. At the end of your offer term, your subscription will be automatically billed at the standard subscription rate, currently at US$359.88/year (plus applicable taxes), unless you elect to change or cancel your subscription. This pricing is available for first time membership only and limited to eligible education customers who purchase directly from the Adobe Store or by calling Adobe Sales. This pricing is not available to OEM, commercial or volume licensing customers. This pricing is limited to one (1) purchase of one (1) Creative Cloud annual membership per customer. Offer may not be assigned, exchanged, sold, transferred, or combined with any other discount or offer, or redeemed for cash or other goods and services. This pricing is subject to change without notice. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a rip off, you know it, the world knows it and I am publishing this in every forum I can find.

There's an end to the BS, Adobe..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you're saying is you don't bother to read the offered terms and conditions, even though you tick the box saying you did? I'm not sure who will come off worse from your campaign, but feel free, we don't work for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't think Adobe has responsibility to send an email or make inquiry into whether or not they want the product after their student status is declined?

Keep sending me emails.. I love to waste Adobe employee time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each customer receives a renewal mail one month before the renewal date .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never received one. Ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. That's incorrect. 
My subs doubled from one month to the next without a whisper. 
I had forgotten that Edu pricing was a 12 month deal. I could justify the Edu price but not the full price. I'd best cancel. Oops   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Michael294918232lr5 

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support.

there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Test+Screen+Name  wrote

So what you're saying is you don't bother to read the offered terms and conditions

I have a teacher friend who says "Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil..." (Well I suppose you guessed: she's teaching German...)

Translation: The one who can read has a clear advantage.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe first tells me the comment is approved. They didn't read it... I guess they guess. I guess every time I wrote them and phone them and told them I cancelled the subscription they didn't hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marym51875487  wrote

Adobe first tells me the comment is approved.

Your comment is not using abusive language, you are not insulting. That's why it got approved by a moderator.

You are wrong in many of what you say, however. There are no bot chats that are humans for example. The early termination fees are stated in the general terms etc. The procedure you describe is quite strange, but if you want to get it like that...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good, I'm glad you like it because I have posted it on many other forums as well. Amazon, Consumer reports and in a complaint filed with the ATtorney General's Office in Texas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines