• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

slow, slow, slow

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is absolutely the worst software to install. it took me over an hour and now it's updating again and says it will take at least another half hour. what the fat is up with all those sign-ins and security codes???? I'm really sorry that I decided to upgrade from version 2013 because this is stupid. you can install the entire Microsoft office in less than 10 minutes.  I'd give anything to just have my money back

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's still updating.  this is crazy.  who wrote this crap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cookiezzz, I am sorry you are encountering so many problems. Which Adobe software or service are you attempting to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop elements 2020.  and it's still updating itself. after an hour it's still at 50%.  who ever heard of software taking this long to install???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cookiezzz, please discontinue the current installation, restart the computer, and try again. The install process should only take a matter of minutes and the update even less. If you continue to see a delay, I recommend reviewing the settings for any installed security software.  

The current slowness could be due to security software preventing or restricting the installer from gaining the necessary access to complete the install/update process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did stop the installation because it stalled and didn't move for about 15 minutes. I had to reboot my computer in order to regain control because it froze everything. I restarted the installation and it took almost an hour to install, then the update took another hour & a half. I've been using computers since 1992 and have never seen anything like it. DOS was easier to manage than this installation. there were at least a dozen security checks and sign-ins.  why on earth should I have to sign in everywhere when I have the DVD and the serial number? let's face it, your software isn't nearly as valuable as you think. it's installed now, but I'm pissed enough to want to return the software, and besides, the new interface is clunky and awkward. (ps. thank you for your attempt to help)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>it took almost an hour to install, then the update took another hour & a half. 

That's really odd. Every time I've installed Elements on Mac or Windows it takes 10 mins max.

If you want to dig deeper, what are your system specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Cookiezzz.  It sounds like you are very experienced and realize that computers are not as simple as appliances or either modern mobile phones and tablets.  Not sure what caused all of the troubles, but you can use the information in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-installation-log-files.html to locate any fatal errors. Photoshop Elements 2020 is using the same method, as Creative Cloud installations, to record any errors during the download, install, and activation processes.

If you continue to encounter problems with the use of Photoshop Elements or have additional questions, then I would encourage you to post to the related forum at https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/bd-p/photoshop-elements?page=1&sort=latest_replies....

Finally, if you would prefer to request a refund then see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/return-cancel-or-change-order.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same concern. On a very speedy Windows 10 machine I first installed old Lightroom 5, which took a few minutes. Now I downloaded PS Elements 2023, the download took a minute. But the installation takes more than 60 minutes. That is horrible and makes me dislike Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rebooted and again have 48-50 minutes left. My machine is brand new installed, there is no excuse for this horrible installation time. CPU is 2%, network is 0%. SO no idea what causes this nonsensical time. Now, while writin this, the estimtated installation time went down to 22-24 minutes, So that would "just" be 30 minutes. Still unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it hangs forever at 22-24 minutes, So in all > 1 hour. Unacceptable.

I did not turn on UAC as recommended at the begin of setup, instead I started the installer as admin. I wont restart again what UAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

something is amiss. installation doesn't take more than a few minutes under normal circumstances.  what are you seeing now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines