• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software doesn't recognise serial number on disc 2

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a new PC, I tried to download the software CDs for Photoshop Elements 10. Disc 1 seemed to load OK. Disc 2 claimed the serial number was invalid (same one it had accepted for disc 1). if you open the programme, it says there is a missing URL & won't let me access any tools.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you download from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the original CDs in the package I bought several years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system?

Keep in mind that PSE 10 is discontinued & no longer supported.  The current version is 2021.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

If you previously registered your product online, the serial number should be listed in your Adobe account.  No need to register a 2nd time. 

https://account.adobe.com/products

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It's not practical for me to buy a newer version, as PSE 10 meets all my needs (if I can get it to work). I have macular degeneration, so only a few years of workable eyesight left & an expensive new product would be a waste for me. principally, I use PSE 10 to repair & improve old printed photos, once scanned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear about your eye condition. Technology is advancing at break-neck speed though so don't give up. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The boxed version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 came with 3 discs:

- Disk 1 is Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 for Windows which you appear to have successfully installed and activated with the serial number on your PC

- Disk 2 is a trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - you don't have a serial number for this as you only bought a licence for Adobe Photoshop Elements 10. You would have been able to buy an additional licence 10 years ago for Adobe Premiere Elements 10 from Adobe, but Adobe now only sell licences for the current version of the applications. 

- Disk 3 is the Mac version

Here's a screenshot from the Adobe website at the time:

Screenshot 2021-06-19 022508.jpg

FWIW I can't get Premiere Elements 10 to work on Windows 10 anyway so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Photoshop Elements 10 should run pretty well on Windows 10. I haven't tested all the functionality but it appears to be pretty solid 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. that explains the disc issue. just got to figure out how to get it to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines