• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software update for Photoshop on Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running os Catalina 10.15 on my imac I have Photoshop 2022 and Lightroom 2022 both of which have been running fine now Adobes latest softwaer update says it needs os Big Sur which my imac cant handle as Catalina is as far as it can go is there any way round this or have I wasted a years subscription to Adobe

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

if you have been using your ps and lr during the past year, in what way was your subscription wasted?

if you're planning to use your current ps and lr in the coming year, in what way would your next year's subscription be wasted?

in fact, if you cannot use your current versions and absolutely need features in the new versions, you should either cancel your current subscription or get a new computer.  

p.s. your computer must be pretty old.  i recently upgrade my 2015 macbook to the current

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't upgrade due to OS limitation then the only option you have is to keep using the versions that you have. 2022 version is still the supported version and you shall get updates for it as and when Adobe releases it. So if you are satisfied with the current versions keep using them, if your want the new versions then there is no way around other than purchasing a new MAC.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have been using your ps and lr during the past year, in what way was your subscription wasted?

if you're planning to use your current ps and lr in the coming year, in what way would your next year's subscription be wasted?

in fact, if you cannot use your current versions and absolutely need features in the new versions, you should either cancel your current subscription or get a new computer.  

p.s. your computer must be pretty old.  i recently upgrade my 2015 macbook to the current mac os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

A new computer will be on my Christmas list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

p.s. 2-3 year old macs are pretty reasonably priced. i bought mine several years ago on amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will check that out
John

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem. In my opinion it is not a userfriendly action of Adobe, to stop the support of Catalina Users without any information to its clients in advance, e.g. a year before. With the abo I have also purchased the continuous updates! But suddenly Adobe does not support Updates for my system any more! That's not what I understand as customer friendly. After my current Abo is expired, I will not continue this kind of payment model. I will look for other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jogie222, sorry to hear that, but understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines