• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software vanishes after failed install

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had creative cloud/Adobe Bridge installed last week and it worked fine for a while. This week, I started to have some issues with software. Some of my programs have disappeared.  Haven't figured out how many more have.  But the funny thing is that I download Bridge again and start the install and it starts to install Cloud, it finishes, it disappears, then the Bridge_Set-up.exe disappears.  I'll do a search through my computer and it won't be anywhere. Not even in the trash.  It's acting the same way Flash would act.  You download Adobe Flash and install it and the executable file disappears.  I've downloaded Bridge about 10 times now and tried to install it and it happens the same way over and over again.  I downloaded Cloud by itself first and it acted the same way.  Can't figure out why this is happening. Not that I like Bridge anyway but I barely got a chance to try it out before it disappeared.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us more informations including the following :

Adobe product and version number

Operating system and version number

The full text of any error message (s)

What you were doing when the problem occurred

Screenshots of the problem and/or error messages

Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

To insert screenshots, please use the "Insert Photos" icon in the toolbar, so that we don't have to download them.

insert graphic mini.png

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10.

Adobe Product and Version?  Whatever the latest Bridge was.  Version unknown because it would not install.

My CPU, RAM, Etc is all fine because I've been working with PSD files for many years now.

I only wanted Bridge to view PSD files before opening them.

Never had a problem until recently and I don't know if the issue started because of Bridge install.

Can't find any malware or virus issues with it either, yet.

No errors occur.  It just disappears after Cloud installation and it takes the executable file along with it.

What was I doing? Nothing, just sitting and waiting for it to fully load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have download and install Bridge seperately or via the Creative Cloud desktop client?

If you have a subscription you have to use the CC client to installs the appropriate apps.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dumb question: you have an active subscription?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Active as in a paid subscription? No. Do not like Adobe's new system of subscription based.  But I've had an account for many years. I'm a hobbyist so a subscription isn't for me. That's how I'm here. Asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When program & data files go missing, it's often a symptom of worse things to come like hard drive or system failure.  Or maybe your computer user profile has become corrupted.  Try creating a new profile with full Administrative permissions.

Bridge download

https://www.adobe.com/products/bridge.html

Creative cloud system requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Bridge System requirements

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/user-guide.html/bridge/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines