• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSD/HDD

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in my desktop I have a 500Gb SSD and a 1TB HDD , SSD is my boot drive and I use my HDD for storage big file stuff, I was wondering if I could install adobe programs on my SSD and save my files(like the projects I do) on my HDD, would there be any problems that I will run into doing this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the applications work best from the internal drive but photos, videos etc. can usually be accessed from an external hard drive. I do this with Lightroom. Which Adobe product are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea that's why I wanted to put the Applications on my SSD and my files on my HDD, I was going to use illustrator and Photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...I was wondering if I could install adobe programs on my SSD and save my files(like the projects I do) on my HDD, would there be any problems that I will run into doing this?

No. You'll get no problems.

I done this constellation for many years with Lightroom and Photoshop. I have a 500GB SSD as boot drive with the operation system. All applications that I use are installed on this drive. In addition I have a second 500GB SSD. This drive is for my Lightroom catalog and the preview cache. The photos (incl. Photoshop files ) are save on a 6TB HDD.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I was worried there will be a problem with the files since it wasn't on the same drive but thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines