Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

STOP CODE - BLUE SCREEN WHEN USING ADOBE

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I got a problem with my PC windows 10, I know this is related to Adobe Cloud because that only happens when I am using any CC program. I have tried everything I know and I have found on the internet, but nothing works. Each time I am using weather illustrator or Photoshop my PC collapses and restarts again, it usually shows the same error. However sometimes is a different one, but it is always a blue screen. I need to use these programs and I cannot, it is getting very annoying. I have contacted windows help center but they suggested that it is a error of Adobe Cloud, because it only happens when I am using any CC program.

Please  I need help to solve this issue, thanks a lot.

Nathalia,

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks. I followed all the steps, but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then it's an os issue.

you could try to debug your os (read the msg 1 links) or do a clean install of your os and your programs.  ie, reformat your hd and reinstall your os, update it and then install your programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your software update causes blue screen issues, uninstalling and reinstalling software doesn't help with the windows 10 iOS and your "SIMPLE SOLUTION" is to reformat the hard drive?!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS is found in iPhones and iPads only. No the app can't be causing this, this is absolute; apps can't crash the system, so the solution may be to set the system up again. Or could be hardware. Or a driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your statement is not correct and you are making it too easy for yourself. My PC also crashes recently when I start Adobe Illustrator. I cannot yet say why this is happening. But it is definitely not a hardware or driver fault. And reinstalling the operating system is not a satisfactory solution. Adobe should simply programme its software properly.

Sylvio

(Programmer and IT-Expert)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can say only one thing for sure, it isn't an Illustrator faults. There are MANY fault in Adobe's apps. This is not one of them, because (I repeat, and it's still true) if an app can crash the system, then the fault is in the system, or hardware, or a driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is BS. Adobe also crashes my system. Adobe needs to be MORE stable. This is absolute garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...😢

I tried everything sometimes it works sometimes not I hate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any program can crash (if it's corrupted).

but to cause a bsod (ie, cause your computer to crash) means there's some computer hardware or os problem. 

one of both of those problems can be triggered by a particular program but what that problem is and what its solution is may be difficult to debug while checking your computer.  debugging via a forum is more difficult.

that said, adobe programs (esp, premiere pro) are resource hungry programs.  they can cause computer over-heating and that will always cause a computer crash.  if your system is working properly and was setup correctly, you may notice your computer fans working faster/louder just prior to the crash.  and just cleaning a computer (ie, carefully vaccuuming/cleaning dust may solve that problem).

and there's a lot more, but like i said, it's very difficult to debug, esp via a forum.  taking your computer to an expert so they can debug it is one way to proceed.

another is to:

1. clean your computer (of dust).

2. reformat your hd

3. reinstall your os and update

4. reinstall adobe programs

5. test.

6. if it crashes after doing the above, you have faulty hardware and need to replace the faulty parts.  for anyone needing help here (users with sufficient expertise already know this), take your computer to a computer expert or buy a new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for replying!

but i don't tink that's the issue my pc is 1,5 years old and can run other programs like CAD programs and render programs like VRED very wel. Only Adobes software caus blue screen. The vents of my computer doesn't blow a lot or something and sometimes the software works without any problem after trying a few times....

sorry for my not very good English (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what adobe programs are installed?

what adobe programs cause the crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ilustrator, photoshop, indisign, xd and premier rush.

All of them cause the crashes but al of them sometimes....

Thanks a lot for trying to help btw!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first try, resetting the cc app. to reset the Creative Cloud desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press: Win: Ctrl + Alt + R Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, disable hardware acceleration.  

if that fails, reset preferences (and confirm you were successful by checking that a custom keyboard shortcut was reset)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have this same problem with Illustrator, Premier, Lightroom, etc. I use an HP Spectre with Windows 10. Usually when I use any Adobe program, it works for about 5 minutes, then freezes my screen and then the same Blue screen that everyone has talked about pops up. I was going to try what you mentioned above, but what do you mean by making sure it's on the foreground? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, you should start by disabling gpu acceleration in each problematic program.  eg, GPU Performance (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most likely an Adobe issue that they refuse to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with premiere, photoshop, lightroom, etc. basically any adobe crap. My computer has 36 cores running at 4.2ghz, 64 gb ram, and on rtx 2080. This is plenty of hardware to run a poorly developed suite of software and it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jimmyl82730336 

are your adobe programs installed on your c (os) drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the exact same issue.  Running any Adobe CC app ( I routinely need to use Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator and/or After Effects) causes a BSOD error message.

My setup is: 

Intel i7 13700K

64GB DDR5

Asus 690P motherboard

RTX 3080

Windows 11

Adobe apps run off my OS SSD and computer runs fine UNLESS I'm running an Adobe CC app.  I'm already running latest BIOS, latest NVIDIA driver and all current windows 11 updates.  Running SFC, memory checks (none of which have come back with errors) and I've already re-installed windows but the problem continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

contact adobe support via chat. there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines