• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription cost increasing AGAIN

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to cancel my subscription too. I'm tired of paying exorbitant fees month after month. $72.99 a month? From $52.99? I don't see inflation at that level.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 133 Replies 133
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "Cloud options simply do not work."

Well, Photoshop CC is not a "cloud" program. This is a common misconception. Photoshop today is still a desktop application that installs locally on your computer, just like always... There is cloud-based storage if you wish to use it, and some online integrated services which are nice/helpful to use with Photoshop, but not required.

> "I would hope that if there is going to be a price change, Adobe would consider a Photoshop option that does not include Lightroom or cloud storage."

There is essentially zero chance of this. Most people generally consider $9.99/month for the CC Photography plan to be a great value, compared to the old days where Photoshop used to cost $699-$999 upfront to buy a static copy without upgrades.

Understandably, $10/month is still more for some than for others, but just saying don't get your hopes up about this. All other individual CC apps (e.g., Illustrator, InDesign) cost twice as much to subscribe than the PS + LR bundle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand PS is not a cloud program.  I was trying to point out that add-on services like cloud storage do not work for some people.  I know Adobe is looking for ways to add value to their services so they can justify a price increase.

My comment about a subscription without Lightroom was not about seeking a lower cost option.  I am suggesting that the current $10 a month is reasonable for a Photoshop only option and that is all I have ever used.  I can afford $10 a month but often go a couple of months when I don't use Photoshop at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seams that you do not need Photoshop at all if I'm looking at your description.

For the moment, Adobe is not scrapping the Photography plan.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct; the $10/month plan is still offered and available – despite the widespread speculation about it.

Yes, You Can Still Get Adobe’s $9.99/mo. Photography Plan (20 GB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we have to think about Adobe alternatives as they increase their price very frequently. It's killing our pocket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sunnya32000603  wrote

I think we have to think about Adobe alternatives as they increase their price very frequently. It's killing our pocket.

Since the introduction of CC I've seen one price increase of the $-price. There may be local price fluctuations due to devaluations, but nothing influenced by Adobe.

There was some shouting a few months ago, because Adobe tested locally a change of availability of the Photography plan. That has been retired so the Photography plan is still available for 10$/month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol, Abambo​, I guess there are just some people that have to complain for the sake of complaining. I have seen the same thing. 1 price increase. That's it. And that was a while ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there was that stunt with the photography plan though - that was a bit of a pr disaster

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are located in Australia or in Argentina (just to name those as an example), you got price increases because of currency devaluation.

The Photography-testing-price was really a bad idea.

What most people forget: Adobe products where never cheap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines