Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support agent deleted my lightroom subscription and code doesn't work anymore

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

My LR CC lapsed so I bought a year's code from Amazon, went to my plan, and popped the code into the field that said "extend your plan with a code here". The code went through, page refreshed, and nothing. I tried again and was told it was already redeemed.

Jumped on a support chat and was told it didn't work as I should have cancelled my subscription first and then added this code as a new subscription. My expired subscription was then deleted by the support agent, and I was told to try the code again. No luck. I was given the link to the help article on redeeming a code, and told to try again. No luck.

After I mentioned it still wasn't working, the agent said I had to wait 48 hours for the code to work, and wanted to end the chat. When I mentioned I had no email confirmation of the redemption and my account was now a free one, without even my previous subscription, I was told to empty my cookies and try the code again as it should now work. Confused, I asked whether the code had been redeemed after all or not, and was told to wait 24 hours and then try the code again. I asked about the cookies again, and was told that the code had been redeemed. I gave up at this point as the agent's answers were not related to anything I was writing.

As it stands I have a 'redeemed' code, a free account, and no confirmation or anything beyond my subscription being deleted, and a hundred bucks less in my account. I can't call Adobe because now I'm no longer a "paying" customer. Is there anything I can do? I can't even issue a chargeback on my card since I bought via Amazon.

Would be greatful for any tips.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when you check your account, what do you see?

https://account.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines