• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Taking very long time to update After Effects

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it's stuck 98% updating new AE, it takes long time. Now I cancelled the installation but it takes very long time to canceling as well. 

I can't do anything... 

Please advice what's going on? My internet speed is fine. 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Hi Jeff, just an update.  Adobe technician was able to fix my issue.  He took control of my screen and went into task manager > processes > background processes.  There were a number of adobe programs still running in the background for some reason and he shut them all down.. Then my update was successful.  Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer.  the update is likely complete, but if it's not, restart it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue a couple of times in the past month. stalls at 98% and doesn't end when cancelling.  Restart computer seems to just reset the "Update" button.  Have done this multiple times to no avail.  Anyone have any ideas or should I just never update this version again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew,  please see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-installation-log-files.html for information on locating the error message preventing After Effects from updating.  

I also am showing that you have a Creative Cloud for Team membership; please make sure to involve your organization's Creative Cloud plan administrator in any errors you encounter using the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.  I've also gone to the link shared by Jeff below but this is a link to error messages, of which I have none.  It just sits there loading at 90% FOREVER.  And when I hit cancel, it stays in cancel mode forever.  Has anyone found a successful workaround?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelle, thanks for responding to this public forum discussion from 2022. What error message did you discover within the log files? Once we know the error, then we can find out why the update is stuck at a particular percentage point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I can't seem to find my log files.  How can I access them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The directions are in the post from June 20, 2022, Michelle.

If you don't want to look for the logs, then click on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to begin a secure chat session with a member of our support team.  

The original poster, from a year ago, never responded with the fatal error that was preventing them from completing the installation process, so you may also want to consider starting a new post, Michelle, if you would prefer to receive help in a public discussion forum instead of a private and secure chat session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, just an update.  Adobe technician was able to fix my issue.  He took control of my screen and went into task manager > processes > background processes.  There were a number of adobe programs still running in the background for some reason and he shut them all down.. Then my update was successful.  Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is excellent news, Michelle! Thank you!

For future viewers, you can use the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/close-conflicting-processes.html to close any conflicting processes that could block the Adobe application from being updated or installed. 

This may not fix all errors, as 98% is a message of completion and not an error message for the Adobe application that is being installed or updated. Info on how to locate any recorded errors can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-installation-log-files.html.

You can also click on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to be connected with a member of our support team, who can help correct any errors so you can successfully install the update, like Michelle! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines