Taking very long time to update After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it's stuck 98% updating new AE, it takes long time. Now I cancelled the installation but it takes very long time to canceling as well. 

I can't do anything... 

Please advice what's going on? My internet speed is fine. 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer.  the update is likely complete, but if it's not, restart it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue a couple of times in the past month. stalls at 98% and doesn't end when cancelling.  Restart computer seems to just reset the "Update" button.  Have done this multiple times to no avail.  Anyone have any ideas or should I just never update this version again. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Matthew,  please see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-installation-log-files.html for information on locating the error message preventing After Effects from updating.  

I also am showing that you have a Creative Cloud for Team membership; please make sure to involve your organization's Creative Cloud plan administrator in any errors you encounter using the subscription.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines