Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the activation limit even after deactivating all the sessions

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to launch an app,

it keeps warning me that the device activation limit has been reached.

1. I tried deactivating all the sessions on Adobe Account, though the only present active sessions were on a same PC but with a few derivations like (Chrome, IE8 -I don't have Chrome installed on my PC, and I never use IE, so I guess they are a part of the CC app or so-, Windows 10-mine is 11, Creative Cloud on Windows 10). Why is it so messed up? 

2. I reinstalled the CC app

3. I installed the CC app on a different PC

4. signing off and signing in again on the app

None of them worked, and please don't give me a help page as I already looked into them and none of them worked 😞
What should I do?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

The problem is solved after deactivating devices on https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices
I couldn't find it because the support document was pointing me to Adobe Account

which deactivates 'active devices and sessions' but the device isn't actually deactivated by this.
All those experiencing the same problem, please go to the above link 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe App?

Do you subscribe (pay monthly/yearly) with the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App? And what Apps does you subscription Plan provide?

Any Perpetual versions of Adobe products can not be Activated/Deactivated direct through the App or your account.

eg. Lightroom v6 can only have Activations reset by a Chat with Adobe staff.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply!

I have my plan for the whole app suite working,
and sometimes the apps work (just for once) after deactivating every session and trying it again or so.
So, I guess that's not a problem.
The problem is present on every app; premiere (pro/rush) , lightroom (classic), media encoder, whatever I try.
Also I don't see the dialogue asking which device to deactivate, which I had before, but just the one telling me to go to Adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is solved after deactivating devices on https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices
I couldn't find it because the support document was pointing me to Adobe Account

which deactivates 'active devices and sessions' but the device isn't actually deactivated by this.
All those experiencing the same problem, please go to the above link 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have no activated devices in my account at that link.  My orders show that I bought the license, and the key is correct.

Now what?

How does anyone actually get in touch with Adobe support?  I paid money for Photoshop and will not pay again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Andolies 

Pre-Creative Cloud software was discontinued in 2017 & is no longer supported.  Use of legacy Creative Suite software is at your own risk.

If your activation count is exceeded, deactivate other devices.  Or contact Adobe support and request an activation count reset.  That's the only help Adobe can give for 10+ year old software.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines