• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The CC app needs dead hard drive to install app on a regular drive, confusing it for a network drive

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Some time ago one of my hard drives failed. Luckily I knew it was getting old so I had only put replaceable files on it. Or so I thought. Turns out the Creative Cloud app cannot reinstall AE, because it cannot "uninstall" it from the dead drive first. When I pressed uninstall it was like... "ok". I tried to install again but it failed so I look in the registry. There I find all these paths to the old hard drive and other references to AE. After trying other fixes like uninstalling through Windows and other fixes suggested on these forums, I finally removed many of these registry entries myself, to no success.

This is the error message and log:

defaulte8w6xzy1owd3_2-1628535574775.png

FATAL: Can't install to a network location
FATAL: Error occurred in install product workflow with error code 176 error message 

My installation path in the settings is to a regular drive with other Adobe products which are installed and work.

Do I really need to manually back up all the config files, uninstall everything (possible using a separate app) then download and install everything again? What priority does this issue have? Can't the CC app

1. offer to automatically uninstall apps after their files are missing.
  2. do a proper uninstall taking into account any hard drive could die or be removed even if its "non-removable".
  3. only say an app is uninstalled when it is.
  4. say an install fails because of a network location only if I'm using one.

Thanks for taking a look at this,

Isak

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention: I also repaired the Creative Cloud app using the instructions from this help article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines