• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The change of the subscription cost for Creative Cloud membership

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reside in Russia and I subscribed for Creative Cloud package in December for 1200 /month (one-year-package). And today I got an email saying that from Feb 9 the price will be 2 576,80 ₽, which is twice more than I'm paying now.

So could you please tell me will the price rise even if I signed up for 1 year for a lower price? Or will it stay the same?

If it will rise, what can I do to cancel it? This policy just looks ridiculous to me.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just asked exactly your question in the chat and they told me it wont.

Basically, you can cancel your suscription now.  Create a new suscription with the current price and then pospone the price increase at least for a year.

They can't change the price if you're paying for a full year monthly.  That's what I'm going to do,  I live in Argentina and they also did this,  my current Cloud gone from $245 to $445 and this is outrageous.

At least we can close the suscripcion now and get a new one before Feb 9 and mantain a full year with the current price. I suggest you do it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! So they told you that the price won't change if you sign up for 1 year with monthly payment?

The thing is that in the email I received it says 2 opposite things:

"On 9 February 2017 the cost of Creative Cloud Membership (one-year) will be 2 576,80 ₽, including VAT. Because you subscribed to Creative Cloud Membership (one-year), the cost for you will not change until its expiration. However, after the renewal, scheduled for 01.22.2017, the value will change to match the performance of the exchange rate in your area. Shortly before the renewal date, you will receive a notification of change in the cost of an e-mail."

And that's the thing I don't get: I subscribed for one year last month, so what kind of renewal which doubles the price is supposed to happen after one month of subscription?

Also can't find the terms for one-year subscription anywhere. So I'll hope that someone from staff will clear this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Держите нас в курсе.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just told you, I spoke with a representative to clarify the exact point you're refering to.  It was not clear to me either.

The representative explicitly told me that If I cancel the plan now and get a NEW 1-year plan NOW before Feb, I will keep paying the original price until the full year is finished.

The representative took it's time to review my account and confirmed this to me twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, which plan are you cancelling? Month or year?

There is a thing in the annual subscription terms:

If you cancel an annual membership (paid monthly or once a year) within 14 days, you will receive a full refund. Otherwise, you are billed 50 percent of your remaining contract obligation.

And it's not clear to me whether I will have to pay 50% of the year price or 50% of the month price if I cancel.

Anyway, I don't want to cancel yet, because I don't understand if the price rises if I signed up for one-year membership.

Also I can't cancel now anyway because it's possible only via contacting the Help Center, which opens only on Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leasea, насколько я понимаю, купив подписку с ежемесячной оплатой, после 9го февраля, она вырастет в цене. Поэтому вам лучше ее закрыть и купить подписку с предоплатой на год, деньги спишутся с карты за весь год вперед, зато по старой цене.

Во всяком случае, я на это надеюсь, и собираюсь сделать также.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Вот этот момент мне не ясен в случае с отменой подписки:

"Если заказ отменен по истечении 14 дней, с вас будет взыскано 50% от остаточной суммы неизрасходованных средств по контракту и сервис будет предоставляться до конца расчетного периода в месяце, в котором была выполнена отмена. Чтобы отменить заказ, посетите страницу управления учетной записью или обратитесь в службу поддержки заказчиков."

Не понимаю 50 процентов от какой суммы мне придется заплатить, если я отменю годовую подписку с помесячной оплатой. 50 процентов от стоимости месяца или 50 процентов от стоимости года.

Поэтому отменять пока не спешу. Но, видимо, смогу хоть что-то прояснить когда заработает служба поддержки.

Ну и время все выяснить пока есть, поэтому не торопитесь.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify the "50%":

If there are 4 month left up to the end of your subscription's year the cancellation fee is the price of 2 month.

If there are 7 month left up to the end of your subscription's year the cancellation fee is the price of 3,5 month.

and so on.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 11 months till the end of the subscription. So I will have to pay for 5,5 months in case of cancellation. And if I don't cancel, I'm paying twice the price I signed up to. That's just so unfortunate..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leasea, you subsribed in December for the lower price. You have 11 month left with this lower price.

From December 2017 when your subscription is due for renewal, you will have to pay the new higher price.

Copy from http://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html :

Annual contract, paid monthly

Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month for the duration of your annual contract. If the applicable VAT rate (or other included tax or duty) changes during your one-year term, the tax-inclusive price will adjust accordingly. Your contract will renew automatically, on your annual renewal date, until you cancel. Renewal rates are subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand.

What would you win if you cancel/subscribe anew in January 2017? Just 2 month and a cancellation fee. That's a bad deal.

The prices for foreign countries change with the exchange rates - there's nothing new about that.

Fenja

Is this your language?

Adobe — условия подписки

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fenja,

I just chatted with the Help Center twice.

The first Agent said that the price changes would affect from February 9, 2017 and I would be charged at a higher rate after February 9, 2017, and since I had a annual plan with monthly payments, the price would change from next month onwards.

The second Agent I chatted with told me the exact opposite.

I cited the terms you wrote about and the Agent confirmed to me that the rate will change only in November 2017 (it turned out that i subscribed in November), at the end of my annual term.

So I guess we will find out who of them was correct after February 9.

Thank you!

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Дело в том, что есть план с помесячной оплатой и два годовых. Один с предоплатой за весь год и один с ежемесячным списанием.

Из письма абсолютно непонятно, будет ли повышена цена для годового тарифного плана с помесячным списанием. ТС правильно написал, там взаимоисключающие пункты. Более того, зачем топиксартеру отказываться от подписки, если он оформил её в декабре.

У меня такая же ситуация. Срок обновления подписки - декабрь. Пытался вчера выяснить в саппорте повысится ли стоимость для моего тарифного плана - безрезультатно. Индус включил "дурочку".

Кстати, английский саппорт работает 24/7 можно воспользоваться им с американского сайта.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Я пообщалась с английским саппортом, с 2 разными людьми. Говорят разные вещи.

Первый агент:

Lea Chainikova: Please kindly clarify when the changes are supposed to affect my plan and how much I will have to pay from now on.

Sonali: Please allow me 2-3 minutes while I check that for you.

Lea Chainikova: Okay.

Sonali: Thank you for your patience.

Sonali: The price changes will affect from February 9, 2017

Sonali: You will be charged at a higher rate after February 9, 2017.

Sonali: If there is any price changes for this month renewal , you will get the email prior the payment for the plan.

Sonali: https://helpx.adobe.com/ru/x-productkb/policy-pricing/subscription-price-increase.html

Sonali: Please refer the above link for more information .

Lea Chainikova: But if I subscribed for a one-year membership for a definite price, how can that that be that the price rises

Lea Chainikova: Okay. Then please help me with another question

Sonali: Yes , I do understand that , however, you have an annual plan with monthly charges ./

Lea Chainikova: What will be the price for a monthly payment from February 9, 2017?

Sonali: You will receive the email about the exact price for the payment for Feb.

Lea Chainikova: With the link you provided, nothing there says about my kind of plan.

Lea Chainikova: A one-year plan with monthly payments.

Lea Chainikova: It is stated that if there is a month-to-month plan, the price will change next month. And if there is a one-year plan, the price will change next year.

Sonali: Yes as you have a annual plan with monthly payments , the price will change from next month onwards

Второй агент:

Vijeesh: Existing customers with annual plans (paid monthly or PUF) will see the price change at renewal (end of annual term)

Vijeesh: For more reference please use the below link.

Vijeesh: Please click here

Lea Chainikova: So, in my case, the price changes in November 2017?

Lea Chainikova: That would be the end of the annual term.

Vijeesh: Your next renewal date is 27 Nov 2017.

Lea Chainikova: So the price for me will rise only when I renew my contract on 27 Nov 2017? Till then I am paying the price I subscribed to, right?
Vijeesh: Yes, you are correct.

В последнем случае возрастание цены предполагается в ноябре, на что я и буду надеяться. Странно все же со стороны Adobe противоречить своим же условиям, которые цитировали выше, и повышать стоимость в два раза.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe's Subscription Terms, annual subscribers keep the same core rate for 12 months (except for any VAT changes):

CREATIVE CLOUD FOR INDIVIDUALS

Annual contract, paid monthly
Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month for the duration of your annual contract. If the applicable VAT rate (or other included tax or duty) changes during your one-year term, the tax-inclusive price will adjust accordingly. Your contract will renew automatically, on your annual renewal date, until you cancel. Renewal rates are subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand.

Annual contract, prepaid
Service begins as soon as your payment is processed. You’ll be charged the annual rate stated at the time of purchase as one lump sum, plus applicable taxes. Your contract will renew automatically, on your annual renewal date, until you cancel. Renewal rates are subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand.

ALL PRODUCTS

Month-to-month
Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, every month, until you cancel. Because there’s no annual contract, your rate is subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand. ... Cancellations can be made any time by visiting your Manage Account page or by contacting Customer Support in your region.

If you have an annual subscription, then you would fall under the 1st or 2nd clauses.

If you have a month-to-month subscription, then the 3rd clause would apply.

If an Adobe customer service rep said otherwise, then you can send them this link:

https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, TecnoGaming

Thank you for the info!it's really helpful.

Just one issue... How much time does it take to cancel my current plan? I should ask someone from help center via chat, but I worry that it wil take alot time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TecnoGaming wrote:

I just asked exactly your question in the chat and they told me it wont [rise].

Basically, you can cancel your subscription now. Create a new subscription with the current price and then postpone the price increase at least for a year.

They can't change the price if you're paying for a full year monthly. That's what I'm going to do, I live in Argentina and they also did this, my current Cloud gone from $245 to $445 and this is outrageous.

At least we can close the subscription now and get a new one before Feb 9 and maintain a full year with the current price. I suggest you do it too.

@TecnoGaming –

Did Adobe Support charge you any fee to cancel the remainder of your current membership and then immediately restart with a full new 12-month subscription term? (Guessing that they would waive any fee to do that, but want to confirm.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF you request it because unfair price change, they won't charge you as long as you stay in the service.

In my case, I requested to just re-enable my current suscription since it will end on January 24 and since the changes are in effect starting Feb 7,  my next renewal sits well withing days of the new price change.

I triple confirmed this by getting into contact with more representatives and they all confirmed to me this was the case.  For all people that renew it's cycle BEFORE Feb 7, even if it is Feb 6,  the new cycle WILL BE with the old price.

So I just requested to remove the cancellation and re-enable my current suscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. This article may be useful as well:

Here’s Why Some Creative Cloud Subscription Prices Are Changing

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Support told me price will not increase for my annual subscription with monthly payments I did in January 2017. Not sure about older subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines