• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The entered serial number has been invalidated. This product cannot be installed. Contact Customer

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I want to install my CS6 on Windows 11 on a new computer. Unfortunately, the following message appears: The entered serial number has been invalidated. This product cannot be installed. Contact Customer Service.
However, if I install CS6 on Windows 10 and enter the same license number, the program installs correctly.
Of course, Adobe Support cannot help me because they no longer support this program 😞 

The only thing they confirmed was that my license number is correct and lifetime.

Is there anything I can do to install CS6 on Windows 11?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting, both that adobe support gave you that info and the error report.

anyway, try using compatibility mode when installing on win 11.  eg, use win 10 compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the Windows 10 and Windows 11 computer the same computer? Are they both setup the same region? Before you installed on the new computer did you de-activate the old one or did you still have the additional activation available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are two different laptops. Both are in the same region. Fact: before installing on the new laptop, I did not deactivate it on the old one. I understand that I should deactivate it. How?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you made it sound like you can currently install on win 10.

anyway, what problem do you see when you currently try to install on win 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's exactly how it is. that is, I can install it on Windows 10 without any problems. However, when I uninstall it on Windows 10 and try to install it on the new Windows 11, after entering the same serial number, a message appears: The entered serial number has been invalidated. This product cannot be installed. Contact Customer Service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you know you can install it on win 10?  you mean to say (i think), you did install it in the past on win 10 without problem, correct?

what did adobe support say about the message stating your serial number was invalidated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can install because I did. Since I couldn't register the program on Windows 11, I restored Windows 10 on the old computer and installed my program without any problems, providing the same serial number all the time. I need InDesign because it's my job. So now I'm working on the old computer, only because I can't register my program on the new one.

Adobe Support said they don't support old programs 😂 as if it made any difference... I only know from Adobe Support that the serial number is correct, but they can't help me because they don't support this version anymore 🤦‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i'm not sure where went wrong, but my apologies. i thought that's what you meant in your op and after that i went astray.

so, what happened when you used compatibility mode to install on win 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

running the installation in Windows7 compatibility mode does not change anything. 😞 The same message appears all the time: The serial number entered has been invalidated 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is strange, but i don't know what you can do about it.  do you have the chance to use win 10 in compatibility mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, in Win 11 it is not possible to set the compatibility mode with Win 10. There are only Vista, Win 7 and 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

outside of using another computer or virtual environment, i don't see a next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any device activated on my Adobe Account. I have nothing in the Activated Devices tab. In the Products tab I have only one, i.e. Adobe Design Std, but there is no option to deactivate it anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

invalid or revoked serial numbers

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/invalid-revoked-serial-numbers.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support says my license number has not been revoked. My license is OK, but Adobe Support doesn't know why my computer gives this message. 

And since they no longer support this product, they can't help me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have another computer you can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have. I tried it and it turned out that I can install CS6 on another computer with Windows 11 and the serial number is not rejected. 😞 but I have no idea why this is happening and what I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

on the problematic computer,

backup your data.

reformat your os system drive

reinstall win 11

install and activate cs6, if you still have a remaining activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines