• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The menus in Photoshop and any text is so small to be unreadable on my new laptop.

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC5: I have just bought a new laptop which has a dislay that is native at 3200x1800. InDesign and Adobe PDF are usable at that resolution. But the menus in Photoshop and any text is so small to be unreadable. Is there a way to enlarge the menus and other stull that is on the desktop. I have fiddled with the settings in windows (WIN10 needless to say, maybe it is that that is a problem), but I get nowhere.

Brian Mennis

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

click edit>preferences>interface>ui scaling>200% (or increase the ui font size).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click edit>preferences>interface>ui scaling>200% (or increase the ui font size).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work.   The print is so tiny that it is difficult to read with a magnifying glass!

There is  no "scaling" on CS5.

Inquisitive55_0-1666265430951.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click the screenshot you posted.  is that the size you're seeing and with which you're having difficulty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a big screen, you might see it okay.  I have a 16" laptop and it is so tiny I cannot read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I tried to scale it but it didn't help.  And then today Windows did an update that messed up menu texts even more!  It's not even 1/4 inch high and I CANNOT read it.  It's like they destroyed my computer work!  Microsoft apparently wants to take over with all the crazy stuff they just installed.  I am so upset!   I have to use a magnifying glass to see the menus and it really hinders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens if you go back to that display panel and increase the scale of text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done all that.  Doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just to make sure, have you restarted your computer?

if that's ni help can you restore your computer to an earlier set point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines