• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The serial number is already in use, you have no activated devices

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue (and I think many others do too). When isntalling an Adobe prodcut (this case Adobe Elements 12) I get the error: "The serial number is already in use by the maximum allowed computers". 

When I go to my account online (https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices) it says "You have no actived devices".

When I contact support they said they can't help on their end and I must post to the forums. 

Any advice?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Support is wrong

When you can't properly deactivate a serial number
(this is the ONLY support Adobe still offers for old programs)
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

You need to start again. And say you need an Activation Count Reset first thing. Keep it very simple. Do not mention your product unless asked. Do not mention the online page (which is only relevant for subscriptions). You may have to try multiple staff. Support often say that you will get real support here, for things like this. But this is a LIE to get you off the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

The support agent failed to do their job properly.
Go back to chat and only ask to have your activations reset.

Ask for a supervisor if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support is wrong

When you can't properly deactivate a serial number
(this is the ONLY support Adobe still offers for old programs)
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or by telephone https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I was a couple hours on chat with them. There were insitant that the only support I will get is from this forumn. Pretty disappointing to have software I've purchased no longer usable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to start again. And say you need an Activation Count Reset first thing. Keep it very simple. Do not mention your product unless asked. Do not mention the online page (which is only relevant for subscriptions). You may have to try multiple staff. Support often say that you will get real support here, for things like this. But this is a LIE to get you off the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support agent failed to do their job properly.
Go back to chat and only ask to have your activations reset.

Ask for a supervisor if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally got this resolved. 

On chat I followed the guidance below (Activation Count Reset, kept it simple, was persistent, etc.) However, they just kept repeating to go to the forums. I asked for a supervisor over and over and they declined. 

On the phone I got the same dialogue. They kept trying to convince me to the latest version as a resolution. They kept saying that had no way to reset the authorizations. 

Finally, after a day of chats and calls I told them I wasn't going to hang up until they got me someone that could resolve the issue and that I wasn't going to accept call backs, chats, or the forums. Even then they said they could help but after a couple hours going back and forth they finally transfered me to someone. That person also said they don't have the ability to remove past authorizations; however, they could modify the serial number to accept 2 additional computers which they did. 

Aside from Adobes support being so horrible, they really need a way for end users to de-auinthenticate their old computers for their legacy (non-subscription) products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines