• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The worst customer service I've ever experienced

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was a faithful loyal customer, and your customer service people went out of their way to ensure that I didn't get help and my subscription was cancelled. I am baffled. I accidentally cancelled and the person insisted I couldn't undo it without paying twice as much a month. Customer retention should matter more than making a couple of dollars. Thankfully there are actual Adobe alternatives now that are decent. Disappointed that you train your customer service people to act like complete idiots. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user to user forums.  i've been active in the adobe forums long enough (20+years) to know your support experience will vary depending on the agent you get.

while it's not great that you can get a bad/unhelpful agent (and certainly doesn't negate your point about training), there's no reason to accept that agent's actions as final.  ie, contact another agent.  you may find your experience and the results are different.

there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted them in various ways about four times and got the exact same customer service each time. This is an organizational issue, and if it is not fixed, it is going to take Adobe down. I don't understand why businesses think all of the sudden they can treat their paying customers like garbage, but I am taking it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

if you have the time (and keeping in mind the chances i'm going to suggest anything useful have dwindled with 4 agents giving you the same info), can you explain the issue in more detail? 

for example, were you in the first year of a subscription (at, of course, the introductory price), when you accidently cancelled and now you can no longer get that introductory price?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was apparently grandfathered into a lower subscription rate. When I accidentally cancelled and called to reinstate my account, the customer service person was rude and kept upselling me by telling me the only way my account could be reinstated is if I pay significantly more. If Adobe wants to run their business in that way, fine. I will just use another service. Retaining long-term customers matters in my business and I do everything I can to keep them happy. Adobe doesn't share my philosophy on customer retention and after using their chat, telephone, email, and now community support I see that they don't care about customer retention. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, that last is very unfair. People in the community forums do their best to help, but we are not Adobe employees. There's little to nothing we can directly do to untangle account messes, for example, but we can sometimes help if we have a fairly detailed idea of what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of any grandfathered rates.

What Adobe product was the subscription for?

Did you purchase it directly from Adobe or through a third party reseller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tiffanyc3238940 

that "grandfathered" thing is the problem.  you can aswer all sorts of questions about where that came from etc but no one here are anywhere else (other than the issuer of the grandfather rate) can fix that.  ie, we're only going to be able to nitpick at it (in case it was offered by a reseller or even an adobe agent) because (afaik) there's no adobe system-wide grandfathering.

at this point,  i recommend you check amazon and watch for "black friday" or "christmas specials" etc to see if you can get a comparable rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. It came from Adobe.

2. The rate was renewed without issue previously.

It wasn't even about the rate increase, everyone I contacted was rude and unhelpful. Every business is raising their rates right now, but you don't have to be a jerk while doing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh, then for my own and others education, can you answer @Peru Bob's questions.

what was the grandfathering for?  ie, you had some adobe product/service (what?) and then something happened (what?) and you were offered something (what?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines