• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There is a game that is using Dream Weaver as a name for...

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I was just wondering if it's ok that a certain video game is using the word ''Dream Weaver'' as a title for a section in the game.

It does not have a link with the program DW and the game.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Post the name of the game here and I'll send a message to an Employee

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the name of the game here and I'll send a message to an Employee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to fin rhe right place to report but its hard and I gave up. I wrote in the report section but there is an robor or automatic bot's message..

The Love nikki the dressup game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dream weaver" is a common and well understood English phrase, most often used to mean a teller of stories, that's why Adobe (or rather Macromedia) chose it. They trademarked the joined word Dreamweaver but don't own the language that originated it. That would be like trademarking "good morning" and then trying to prevent people using it as a greeting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...plus the Gary Wright song “Dream Weaver” from 1975.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKuzwPOefs

Macromedia Dreamweaver was created in 1997.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't own the word Acrobat either.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't own the word but it is a registered trademark of Adobe so they do have legal rights and protections in its commercial use.

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/licenses-terms/pdf/adobe_trademark_database_external...

Same goes for the word "Dreamweaver".

Likewise, Apple often vigorously defends its name and logo in often odd scenarios.

Ten years ago, Apple demanded Woolworths supermarket in Australia drop its new logo - a stylised "W". Apple lost that one. Apple demands Woolworths drops new logo - Telegraph​ Ironically, the Woolworths app and logo later appeared on the Apple Watch onstage at an Apple pre-launch event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember the Apple wars?  Apple Corps (The Beatles company & owner of  Apple Records) filed several lawsuits against Apple Computers between 1978 and 2007.    As part of the initial settlement, Apple Corps received $80,000 & agreed to stay out of computers while Apple Computers agreed to stay out of music.  

Apple Corps v Apple Computer - Wikipedia

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trade names tend to be rather complicated. There was a café called "An Apple a Day" that was attacked by ... Apple at the time and the café won. But that was a café and Apple is a computer company (well now more a telecoms company). In the data processing world it may well be that the term "Dreamweaver" is protected. But that is none of my business. Probably a good business for trademark lawyers...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot for all your responses.

I tried to communicate in the first time, with the video game company but its impossible.

So I try then to ask adobe, never found the right link.. so Im wondering here about it.

Thank you and the game is Love Nikki.

A deadly video game for a dressing game who is totally intense and challenging if you take it seriously. A lot of event (free and costy).

Have a nice new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

Please Check the below thread for better help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/unable-to-download-gaming-sdk-via-creati...mcmukerian

It helped me a lot for it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines