Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer user datas, presets and stuff to a new MacBook M1

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

it´s so long a go.... where do I find my stuff (presets, personal datas, lightroom settings, Photoshop settings) I need to migrate on to a new Macbook?

There must be a place where all these datas are, but I can´t find them. I am using Lightroom Classic and want to keep it. Other apps are Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design etc....

Thanks in advance, Ro

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make sure that all the essentials are backed up—the catalogs, photos, preferences, presets, profiles, defaults, plug-ins and any other related files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Apple Migration Assistant. You will need to reinstall your apps but you can move your data over.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I just not want to carry junk over to my new system. I did that years ago and it didn´t worked out, hat to start everthing from scratch.... My old Mac is running 10.11. and I know there are many parts that are not compatible with the new M1. Can I still use the Migration Asssitent? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Run it and don't migrate applications. Apple has help articles on what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines