Transferring Photoshop & Premiere Elements from old laptop to new laptop

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several yrs. ago, I purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 & Premiere Elements 12.  They're installed on my old HP laptop.  I just purchased a new Dell Latitude laptop, and I would like to be able to install them on the new laptop.  I don't have the serial # for that software.  Options?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try this to find your serial number in other ways: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/find-serial-number-elements.html . Also it's worth noting that the 9 year old versions of Photoshop/Premiere elements might not work on your new laptop so you might have to purchase the new version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben. Adobe has no record of my email address or my purchase. Your
note re: my version of Photoshop perhaps not running on the Latitude w/
Windows 11 is well-taken. I may have to bite the bullet & purchase the new
product.

--

*Grant Winston*
email: REMOVED
[personal information removed for your protection]
[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lost information https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Find-serial-number-without-Adpbe-ID/td-p/7769446
- page has links to programs to find an installed serial number in Mac or Windows

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 (and MAYBE Windows 11 ?)
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This guide should help fill in any needed details, including how to retrieve your installed serial number and how to get the direct download links for that software version:

How to Move Adobe Software or License Between Two Computers

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines