Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble activating new plan

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I had access to the full Creative Suite through a non-profit I was part of. Due to Covid they went on a haitus and I decided to subscribe to the LR/PS plan in order to continue using these apps. However when I try to access to PS/LR I get a message saying: 

"Sorry, your account is not valid on this device. Please try again with school ID.

Your IT administrator may have applied access restriction on this device. Please try again with another Adobe account or contact your IT administrator for assistance." 

I've been in touch with the IT administrator who told me there has been a shift in how Adobe issues licenses (I believe it's now machine based). I'm a professional photographer and have several clients requesting photos that I'm unable to access. I stand to loose a fortune because of this. I've been in touch with Adobe support but only get shuffles around between various support staff who offers what seems to be guesses. I'm now waiting for a support call within 24-48 hours(!?)

Here are the steps I've taken so far:
- Uninstalled Creative Cloud
- Cleaned certificates in KeyChain
- Changed email address 

- Still no dice

Can anyone here offer any insight how to solve this? 
Thanks
/Martin

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you use a different (from your non-profit) adobe id for your ps/lr subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,
TBH, I don't remember it's been a few years since I installed the creative suite that I got through the NGO. But I think I might have signed up with an email associated to the NGO. However, I tried using my professional email address which I had been using as my Adobe account email before I joined the NGO and that's when I run into problems. After I spoke with Adobe support I changed the email associated with my account to a personal one but I still get the same error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your account to verify your subscription is what you expect and to verify your adobe id, https://accounts.adobe.com

if you see your ps/lr subscription, that's the adobe id associated with your subscription.  on your problematic device, sign out and then back in to your cc desktop application using the same adobe id used to verify your subscription: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've tried this multiple times and did it again just now. Here's what happens:

- Sign out of CC
- Sign in again using pXXXe@gmail.com
- The subscription window with my gmail address appears

- Open PS only to receive the same message as before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and what's that gmail adobe id show on the adobe website?

and are you using a device issued by that non-profit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same gmail as I signed in with. 

I'm using my own machine but installed a package through the NGO on it a few years ago. It's possible that Adobe believe that the machine belongs to the NGO but I have no idea of how to revoke that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

insert* a screenshot of you account overview page.

kglad_0-1629386937006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 11.32.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-19 at 11.32.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you open photoshop, you see 

"Sorry, your account is not valid on this device. Please try again with school ID.

Your IT administrator may have applied access restriction on this device. Please try again with another Adobe account or contact your IT administrator for assistance." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, same thing when I open LR- when I tap "Sign in with other account" the application shuts down and nothing else happens. Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 10.59.30 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know how to fix that, but:

i suspect altering your machine id would fix the issue.  i'm not sure you want to do this, but i would uninstall all adobe software:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

then alter your machine id, What is a Machine ID and Why Would It Change | AccountEdge Knowledge Base

if you haven't already (probably several times), restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud

use the desktop app to install your ps and test.  if all works well, continue installation lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, these steps seems to have solved the problem, so I'm really grateful for your help. I still haven't received a phone call from Adobe support even though they promised to put me on "priority". I lost over $800 in missed licensing income due to the fact that I was unable to access my own archive for a period of one week. I'm not really sure how to get this money back but I'm sure Adobe will have to waive the creative suite fee for the next year, I just find it unacceptable how they treat their most loyal customers who depends on them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted.

Losses stemming from a misconfigured computer are not recoverable, sorry.  When this first happened, you could have switched to another machine and been on your merry way. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

I got the creative suite through a Photography NGO I was mentoring at. The suite was installed on my personal computer so I could use it during my mentor sessions with students which took place online due to Covid. All of a sudden I was unable to access my archive and as I use my computer also for professional purposes (I'm an advertising photographer) it resulted in loss of income. 

I don't see why Adobe wouldn't be held responsible for my loss of income in this case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm really happy the problem is resolved.  i just wish i could have grasped the problem quicker and saved you time and money.

kg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines