• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trouble downloading after effects

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble downloading after effects on my laptop. Every time i try to download the free trial and open it, nothing happens. I have a 64-bit computer, and it is windows 10. i don't know if it won't download because my computer is a tablet/laptop. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Does it have the required screen resolution?

After Effects System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it not download or will it not open? you claimed both. 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not open. To download it, It needs to open, but it doesn’t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gabbyv58661652  wrote

It will not open. To download it, It needs to open, but it doesn’t.

Sorry, I don't understand.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gutterfish​ i can explain better. So i decided to try the free trial of after effects on my laptop. I hit download trial, on the website. it shows directions on how to download it. So it shows up on the bottom of the page, and it has the gray arrow thing.

after effects.PNG

after i click on the gray thing, the symbol that shows it is loading pops up. but after a second it goes away. The trial has not downloaded. there is no indication that is has downloaded. i even dragged it to my home screen and tried opening it there, but still no luck. I am wondering if it is because my computer is touch screen? it is 64-bit and it should work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well assuming you've actually given it enough time to finish downloading the only thing/explanation I can think of would be a permissions issue.

You should probably contact Adobe support, here: Contact Customer Care

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to download and install adobe creative cloud first, than from creative cloud try to install after effects trial version Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it doesn’t work, try with the direct download and run it as administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have the required screen resolution?

After Effects System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me too. I could download after effects but when i click on the setup download thing i can never open it. It never opens for me. I had after effects on my old laptop before on my lenovo and now i have a asus vivobook and i can't download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for those with apple m1 chips, you probably need to install rosetta 2.  among the ways to do this is to start Photoshop with the Intel version.  here are two other ways, How to Install Rosetta 2 on Apple Silicon Macs (osxdaily.com)

that's been the solution to a recent surge in mac problems (with new apple silicon macs) caused by premiere pro (and after effects) installs resulting in exit code 183.

there are also the older problems and fixes, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-error-183.html,

but you should try the rosetta 2 install first, because its absence is most likely the cause of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines