• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with PSE9 installation on Lenovo with Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently downloaded and installed PSE 9 on my new computer.

Installed fine but when I tried to restart my computer it wouldn't go past the LENOVO boot screen.

Is there a known issue with PSE 9 and Windows 10 or the Lenovo Yoga PC's?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are often problems but they are problems with pse, not win 10.

anyway, you can try booting into safe mode or resetting your computer to factory settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do a system restore to get the computer started again but that also meant removing PSE9 ... I need PSE9 on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have the original installer and your serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure it's a CD and my current PC doesn't have a drive. I downloaded the software from my Adobe account and yes, I have the serial number.

Also, I mistakenly wrote that I have Windows 10 but I actually have Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, right click the pse installation file > click properties > compatibility > tick enable compatibility mode and select windows 7.

start and complete installation

then right click whatever you intend to use to start pse (ie, a shortcut or the exe) and do the same (enable win 7 compatibility) thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll try that when I'm at my PC. And this will work although I have Windows 11 (not Win 7)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's your best best, but there are no guarantees because win 11 is not compatible with pse 9.  plus you still have activation to face which is normally the toughest part, but you didn't mention any problem about that in your original message so i'm hoping that won't be an issue now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Yes, activation wasn't an issue ... my computer restarting afterwards was, lol. Thanks for your help! I'm going to try your suggestion as soon as I get back to my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and in the end, she may be correct.  there's a point where you're spending more time and effort than it's worth, esp for something as inexpensive (for adobe) as pse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What year is this??

PS Elements 9 must be 15 years old. It's amazing you got it installed.  Time for some newer software, don't you think?

Photoshop Elements 2023
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

System Requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously no, that's not what I think. Regardless of what year it is, if a program works just fine for my needs why get new software?

If I can't use it or it's incompatible that's a different story but that's why I am on here asking for guidance ... Not asking to be told that I should buy newer software just because the one I have is old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michelle2192620154t3 

try not to get upset or distracted. that poster has one point of view that she believes should apply to everyone.

have you made any progress with the installation/activation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm merely stating the obvious to explain why you're not getting satisfaction from this software.  It's no reflection on you as a person, it's a fact about the software you're attempting to use.  Software has a shelf-life of 2-3 years.  Beyond that, you're on your own...

Best of luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines