• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to activate CS5 Design Standard on macintosh

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old CS5 Design Standard mac install disc which has never been used. I am trying to install to an old iMac that i have recently received so that my daughters can learn to use illustrator and photoshop. I have it installed, but when i try to activate it, I just get a notice that there is a network issue , and to try again later. It does not give me an option to activate offline or generate a request code.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's info from another user regarding cs6, but cs5 should work the same way:

1. Disconnect your Mac completely from the internet

2. At the first start of CS6 with any app you will be asked if you want to try it for 30 days or register

3. If you have bought CS6 and have a serial number choose to register

[perhaps after that there was another window with an error message taht you have no internet acces - continue without internet)

4. This will take you to a window where you have to fill in your serial number

5. If you click "continue" you'll be informed that there is still no internet connection and asked if you want to activate offline

6. Thefollowing window has the option "I can't connect to the internet" [or similar] - click on that and re-connect with the internet afterwards

7. Next you need a request code [German: Anforderungscode - not sure what that is translated to English] to be generated. Get this code generated. and that leads you to a window where you will have to fill in the answering code later (point 10 here)

8. You will be taken to an offline activation website of Adobe where you fill in this "request code" [Anforderungscode] and also the CS6 serial number.

9. After you have done, you click on "generate answering code" [German: Antwortcode generieren]

10. Fill in the "answering code" and click continue

11. In my case this worked and I was told that CS6 now successfully got activated and is ready to use unlimited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS5 is ancient, unsupported software.  Even if purchased back in the day directly from Adobe, there's no guarantee that this will work.  Disks often deteriorate after a few years whether or not they are used.

And then there's the other elephant in the room.  How much benefit can your children derive from learning to use outdated software?  Nobody uses CS5 anymore.  Where will they find relevant tutorials for it?

If your children do not yet qualify for a Creative Cloud student discount plan, let them start learning with free or low-cost modern equivalents until they're older. 

VECTOR:

https://www.creativebloq.com/features/illustrator-alternatives

RASTER:

https://www.creativebloq.com/photoshop/alternatives-1131641

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines