• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install Photoshop Elements 8 and even compatibility mode wont work

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My older laptop died, could have been Windows 8 but not sure, my new laptop has Windows 11 and i an trying to install my Photoshop Elements 8 to it.

I found tmy purchased product in my account and hit download.

It gave me two options, one was a .exe file, the other was a zip file that said it was required.  I downloaded to zip file one, the .exe would not even download (a page pops up saying "not found")

From the zip file,

I first tried running "Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0" installer package.

It gave me an error saying I need to use the "Setup" application.

Under Setup, it attempts to download, even asking me which language version; but in the end I get an error saying "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

It asked me if it installed correctly or not, then asked if i wanted to try compatability mode.

I tried that and it still would not work. 

Eventually got to a troubleshooting window to test compatability mode and the test window shows...

Settings applied to Setup:

Windows compatability mode :Windows Vista (service pack 2)

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need both the exe and zip files.  try a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop Elements 8 is very old. If your new computer has Windows 11, this may be a good time to upgrade. Adobe and official resellers are currently having a sale for $69.99 for Photoshop Elements 2024 (I think this is v 21 or 22 now). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines