• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to load original Dreamweaver MX 2004 [MX IS DEAD]

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to load Dreamweaver MX 2004 I purchased years ago, to a new laptop. I have the original box containing the disk, book and serial number. Enter my serial number but it doesn't "take". Perhaps they want us all to purchase new Dreamweaver, but my Council paid a couple hundred bucks for it in 2004, I think we should still be able to use it.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you see after entering your serial number?

how many numbers in your serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21 characters in my serial number. I enter them and receive the green check showing it is good, but then try and continue and have the options for phone or online. Online validation doesn't work. I tried phone validation, get a validation worksheet but the phone message gives hours open and I have tried it all day. The toll free number listed isn't a working number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if that program uses the same activation server, but read this

The CS2-CS3-CS4 activation servers have been removed from service
-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html?promoid=19SCDRQK
-So even if you have a disc or saved download, CS2-CS3-CS4 are completely dead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure this would apply, as I didn't purchase Creative Suite, just Dreamweaver MX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your app release date is earlier than cs4, so it's unlikely you can activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Patty2714136822p0 

See this related post from a few days ago.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/activating-dreamweaver-mx-2004-mx-is-dead/m-p...

MX activation isn't possible. The servers for that are long since dead.  MX might install on a compatible computer but you can't use it beyond the initial trial. 

Besides, nobody should be using 18+ year old, outdated web authoring software.  Too much has changed.  You really need modern tools that understand current web standards  -- HTML5, CSS3, EC6 JavaScript, responsive web design, etc...  Without the right tools, you're not doing yourself or your site visitors any favors.  DO NOT use outdated web software. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines