• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to reinstall my Photoshop Elements 13

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to reinstall my Photoshop Elements 13, I get a message saying that the installer failed.  So I tried to download the Photoshop Elements 15 trial and the same things happened.  Any help please?  I tried contacting Adobe, but that's no good.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Jeff,

I really appreciate the time you spent with me trying to solve my problem.  I had obviously done something that caused the problem, probably when I was cleaning it.  Anyway, I used the Time Machine to go back and all is good.  Now I can check out PSE 15.  Thanks a lot.

Curt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum so you may get a quicker solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, hopefully someone will respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curtstowell I would recommend reviewing the installation log to determine why Photoshop Elements 13 is failing to install.  For details on how to locate the installation log please see https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-using-logs-elements.html.  You are welcome to post any specific errors you discover to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but that is jargon to me.  All I know is when I try and download PSE 13 or 15 I get the same message, the Adobe Installer isn't working.  I don't now how to fix it.  Maybe I'll just have to learn GIMP.  Adobe's products are great, but they suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on PSE 13 and a box popped up and said that my application is damaged and I need to reinstall it.  When I tried it said the Installer wasn't working.  The problem is not on my end so I can't fix it.  I purchased the product and I want it fixed or I want my money back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curtstowell I am sorry you are facing errors reinstalling.  If you can post the errors from the installation log then I can provide suggestions on how you can resolve the installation error.

Without any error messages you are welcome to try using the Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems to see if will allow a reinstall.

If you continue to face problems then please see message #3 for details on how to locate your installation log to find the specific error preventing you from installing Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I appreciate the help.  I'm thinking maybe it isn't Adobe's problem, maybe I just need to reformat my mac.  I have everything backed up so I'll see how that goes.  I'll let you know how it worked.  Thanks.

Curt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Curt please feel free to update this discussion if you face any additional difficulties after formatting and reinstalling the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I reinstalled my Mac and it didn't change anything.  I didn't reformat it back to factory setting, maybe that is what I have to do, but I don't think that will fix the problem.

My PSE 13 still works, but I get a message that says: "Your application still seems to be damaged, please reinstall the application."

When I try and do that I get: "Installer failed to initialize.  Please download Adobe Advisor to detect the problem."

And when I click on the link to go to Adobe Support Advisor I get: "The Adobe Support Advisor has been discontinued."

You said to let you see what the log says, there is no log when I try and install it, all I get is what I showed you above.

Curt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt the installation logs are located in  //Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/.  If you continue to face any difficulties locating the installation log files can you please post a screen shot of the Logs folder?  You can find complete details on how to post a screen shot at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These //Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers do not exist in my computer.  Would they be in my Adobe page?  I am totally lost here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I really appreciate the time you spent with me trying to solve my problem.  I had obviously done something that caused the problem, probably when I was cleaning it.  Anyway, I used the Time Machine to go back and all is good.  Now I can check out PSE 15.  Thanks a lot.

Curt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!  Thanks for the update Curt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm unable to reinstall my PhotoshopElements 13 back on my computer I have my disc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines