• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change install "Location" address for installing Photoshop CS5

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues installing Photoshop CS5. I initially installed it to a remote drive (Drive F) rather than the C drive. Installation went fine. Somehow, within a few days, Drive F was changed to Drive G and the program would not run due to the path not matching up. I then was able to change Drive G back to Drive F. I removed Photoshop from Drive F.

The problem now is that I am unable to install Photoshop to Drive C. When I begin the install, things go fine up to the "Install Options" screen. I selected the desired installation but the Location still reads F/New Folder and I am unable to change it to Drive C.

Can anyone please help me on this. Adobe would offer me any help. I did install Photoshop to desktop (copied the files from Drive F before deleting that), but I am having issues where it does not always recognize .PSD files.

Thanks for any help out there.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Associating file types with applications occurs at the OS level.
  • For this reason, most apps work best when installed on the same drive/volume as your OS.
  • Which operating system do you have?  Do you have the latest version updates for it?
  • To perform a clean installation of Creative Suite, run the Adobe Cleaner Tool to wipe old apps from your system, followed by restarting your computer.  You'll find the cleaner tool & instructions below:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure this will work since I am not using Photoshop via Cloud. I am using the install directly from a CD as the version I am using is CD5. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for taking time to get back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Duncan282834093is5 

did you uninstall your previous cs6 install (using the uninstaller) and then clean (using the cs cleaner, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am operating Windows 10 and it is updated. I will try to use the cleaner tool and see if that works. Notable is that I am not on the Cloud as my application is via CD rather than the online  subscription to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Creative Suite is 10+ years old and unsupported now. You're on your own.

But all software is associated with file types at the OS level.  Windows 10 thinks we should use Windows Picture Viewer.  I frequently have to re-train it to open image files in Photoshop. 

From Windows File Explorer, right-click on a .PSD or other image file, Select Properties and choose your installation of Photoshop.exe.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines