• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete duplicate copy of Illustrator

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently noticed I have two copies of Illustrator on my computer.  I am unable to delete the older one.  Below is a screen shot from my control panel.  I"m running WIndows 10 64bit.  

1. When I try to delete from the control panel, I am broughtr to the Creative Cloud Desktop.  There is only one option to delete Illustrator, and the newer version is deleted instead of the older one (see second screen shot).

2.  When I reinstall via creative cloud desktop, the new version is installed but I am still left with the older version..

3. I've also tried uing the Creative Cloud Desktop Clean Up utility.  Illustrator is not listed as on the computer, but even after refreshing and restarting, it is still listed in the Control Panel.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the cc desktop app to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jcb2,

So as per your findings the application is not shown as installed by either the Creative Cloud Desktop app or the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and hence you are not able to uninstall it. So here are the possibilities

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you uninstalled the current ai using the cc desktop app, was your control panel corrected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is still a problem taking up memory that could be better used elsewhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could try using the iobit uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, is the info shown in the control panel correct? Does the app still exist in Program Files? Are you able to run Illustrator 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jcb2, I don't see an individual membership under the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum. Have you contacted the Creative Cloud plan administrator about removing Illustrator from the computer?

Moving this discussion to the Enterprise & Teams discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines