• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Download Creative Cloud Apps to New PC

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the photography plan and am unable to download the Creative Cloud apps to my new PC but receive the following message:

Your Adobe serial number has expired or is invalid

Your serial number has expired or was illegally distributed.

Try genuine Adobe apps with a 7-day free trial.

I  am currently logged into my Adobe account which confirms that I have a valid photography plan, complete with payment details but despite this I am unable to download any apps.

How do I download my apps onto my new PC?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Repairing Visual C++ Runtime

1. Press the Windows Key + R,  appwiz.cpl and then press Enter.
  2. Locate Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2012 in the list of installed applications.
  3. Select this entry and then click Uninstall/Repair and it will show options to Repair, Uninstall or Cancel.
  4. Click on Repair and allow the process to complete. You’ll be asked to restart your PC. After you restart your PC your problem will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You MAY need to use https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove programs

Then, When you have a subscription
-sign in to your account with your ID and password
-Cloud Manager to install all programs https://www.adobe.com/ie/creativecloud/desktop-app.html
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-to-activate-your-adobe-software/td-p/9636861?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a brand new PC and doesn't have any Adobe apps installed yet, so there's nothing to uninstall.  I had also logged in to my Adobe account before attempting the download.

Thanks. I've followed your link and downloaded the Cloud Manager but when I run the app it stops before 5% completed and produces the following message, so it doesn't get to the stage when something can be activated.

Adobe errors.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried disabling my anti-virus and firewall etc. but the Creative Cloud app still fails to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.

update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud

if you're unable to download the cc desktop app at this stage, use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned above, this is a brand new PC which doesn't have ANY Adobe apps installed - not even Acrobat Reader - so there is nothing to uninstall.

I did download the Creative app installer as per the previous suggestion but it fails to install and produces the error message I posted above..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1MickMick, the reason people keep suggesting the use of the CC Cleaner tool is due to its overwhelming success rate.  The CC Cleaner tool not only removes files related to Adobe applications but also runs any available uninstallers and removes any licensing files.  

We appreciate your statement that the computer is new out of the box, but using the CC Cleaner Tool puts the computer in a better state to successfully install Adobe applications in the future.  Many manufacturers bundle software that could be part of the base computer's installation.  Even an aborted installation could have been imaged and sent out with that model of computer.

We would all encourage you to download and run the CC Cleaner tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and then report to this public discussion thread on the results.

Alternatively, you are welcome to contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen so that direct assistance can be provided to resolve any errors with the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..and you started the cc app install on your new computer so that computer has cc files on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I downloaded and ran the cc-cleaner and rebooted my PC.

I then ran the CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe which I downloaded earlier as per John T Smith.

This setup stopped again before 5% complete with the same error message I included above.

The following details are from the log file produced by the cleaner:

2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z User selected: 'Clean All'
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z *-*-*-*-*-*-* Start removing product : ALL *-*-*-*-*-*-*
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z *-*-*-*-*-*-* Finished removing product : ALL *-*-*-*-*-*-*
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z All the files for Creative Cloud have been removed.
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z Action : Created the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\backup20221103T210404 folder as backup of PDB and MediaDB for this session.
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool completed successfully
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z Please click 'Enter' to quit Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z *-*-*-*-*-*- ::START:: - SUMMARY OF Warnings -*-*-*-*-*-*
2022-11-03T21:04:04.719000Z DB does not exist at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps\pdb.db
2022-11-03T21:04:04.719000Z DB does not exist at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps\Media_db.db
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z *-*-*-*-*-*- :: END :: - SUMMARY OF Warnings -*-*-*-*-*-*
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z ---------------------------------------------------------
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=* :: End Session :: *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
2022-11-03T21:04:27.882000Z ---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Mick. is this with the installation files for the Creative Cloud desktop app downloaded directly to the computer per Kglad's previous suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thats right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should follow all the applicable steps in my detailed message, not just the cleaner step.

or follow all of @John T Smith steps.

or follow all of @Jeff A Wright steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did follow all John Smiths steps:

1 - I've used the cc cleaner - results above.

2 - I had already signed in - see my initial post.

3 - I downloaded and ran the cc manager - see my screenshot of the error message.

4 - I followed the link to "how-to-activate-your-adobe-software". I was already signed in as per item 2 - and my inital attemps at installation were from within my account open in my web browser which showed me the apps I was able to install as part of my photography plan.

I followed your steps:

1 - There were no apps to uninstall - the cc desktop tool did not install on my PC to let me install them and they failed to download from the web abb..

2 - I ran the uninstaller anyway.

3 - I used the cc cleaner and rebooted

4 - Ran Windows update - nothing to be installed.

5 - Ran CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe which failed at the same location as previously and produced the same error message.

6 - I didb't need the alternative download link as I had already downloaded CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

7 - The desktop app does not install (see 6 above) so I am unable to install any of the apps listed in my photography plan.

Returning to the experts for some more suggestions.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm assuming you followed the visual c++ repairs and updates.  if so, proceed to these steps - https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/resolve-trial-and-license-expired-errors.html

use the cleaner

restart your computer 

then use the alternative download link (in my above message) to manually download the cc desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the windows Update on my PC which confirmed that the OS was fully patched and up to date.

If the visual C++ needs more that this, can you provide specific details in the same manner as you did for the Adobe repairs?

Following this, I'll try your other suggestions tomorrow as its now very late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repairing Visual C++ Runtime

1. Press the Windows Key + R,  appwiz.cpl and then press Enter.
  2. Locate Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2012 in the list of installed applications.
  3. Select this entry and then click Uninstall/Repair and it will show options to Repair, Uninstall or Cancel.
  4. Click on Repair and allow the process to complete. You’ll be asked to restart your PC. After you restart your PC your problem will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 doesn't include the 10-year old Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2012, but instead uses the 2015-2019 Redistributable version.

I ran the repair on this and rebooted the PC.

This time the full cc desktop app downloaded from the alternative location worked and installed. Its worth mentioning for other people experiencing a similar issue that the alternative download link actually downloads the entire cc desktop app of 300Mb instead of just an installation stub of only 1Mb.

I have now successfully installed my photography plan apps.
Thanks for everyone's assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

p.s. at least some win 10 computers have it.  i do:

kglad_1-1667587196821.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines