Unable to install Adobe CS6 Design Standard [on macOS Big Sur]

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am not able to install Adobe CS6 Design Standard on my Mac. I am using MacOS Big Sur Version 11.3.1 and I get the following error:

“Install” needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information. 

Could you please let me know the update required to be able to install the software and where to find it?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older versions of Adobe software - like the outdated and no longer supported CS6 - use 32-bit licensing components and installers. Big Sur, however, supports 64-bit apps only, as Apple dropped the support for 32-bit apps with the release of Catalina in 2019.

Your options are limited to these:

• Downgrade your device to Mojave - the last macOS that still supports 32-bit apps.
  • Forget about CS6 and see if any of Adobe's subscription plans makes you happy.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OPTION 1: Revert to Mojave or High Sierra and use a terminal workaround to install the 10 year old software suite.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

OPTION 2: Buy a Creative Cloud subscription.  The latest CC software (2022) works on Big Sur and Monterey.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines