• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install CC Desktop on new Win10 x64 laptop

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried many times to install CC to my new laptop. Initial attempts advised a runtime was missing. Uninstalled CC (yes, the whole laborious process). Re-installed CC, previous message gone and finishes install but will not run. Uninstalled several times (yes, whole laborious process) and re-installed several times, still no joy. I have even manually gone through and removed all of the left over things that the uninstaller and cleaner (and other instructions I could find) left behind. Still no joy.

This is a screen shot of the error:

CC Error.PNG

As you can see not very informative and only advises doing what I have done so many times before.

Can anyone offer any advice bearing in mind I have been through the published steps in this forum with no joy.

Thanks in advance

Paul

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

So, my issue is resolved and I wish I could share what the problem was but after an extensive remote session yesterday that failed to resolve the issue, I have recieved an email from Adobe today advising me that the problem has been resolved at Adobe.

So there was nothing wrong with my installation but something at Adobe was preventing CC Desktop from opening (presenting an error indicating a problem with the installation).

I have just successfully opened CC Desktop and I am proceeding with instal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original DLL problem is a Microsoft problem, so you need a Microsoft solution
Go to the Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ to find and re-install the C runtime, or for ALL Windows help
-or direct to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-c-runtime-errors-products.html

Try the Microsoft solution and then do a fresh install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know. I installed the missing runtime after the first failure. All of the other failures occured after the missing runtime was installed. I now have no useful message at all about why CC Desktop will not open. I know from previous experience that Adobe are always looking to blame someone else for their problems but Adobe should at the very minimum give a reason code for failure, 'your app doesn't work, please re-install' is just not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peru Bob but as per my original post I have tried all of this several times, The cleaner tool is not very good at cleaning and leaves quite a few orphaned folders and files. I have tried to manually remove all of the orphaned stuff I can find but it doesn't change the behaviour.

Is there a list somewhere of all of the installation prerequisites and dependencies etc? That might help me locate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulkl, please follow solution three of https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html to manually remove the critical components of the Creative Cloud desktop app. This includes location and renaming the correct OOBE folder in addition to running the CC Cleaner Tool.  Skipping the renaming process often leads to individuals being unable to resolve this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff but no change, still errors with the same message.

I have tried by following the instruction exactly, and then again, this time renaming the OOBE folder in %appdat% which is not included in the instructions. Neither process works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the update, Pauljl. For your next steps, please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that direct assistance can be provided to resolve the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jeff, but where the heck can I find a link to get a chat. It shouldn't be that difficult, why do Adobe make it soooo difficult to get assistance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulljl, please use https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to begin a secure chat session. If the chat window still fails to open, or is non-responsive, then use a different device as the computer is actively blocking you from initiating a chat session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting silly. So neither my SurfacePro Win10 device or my new Dell laptop Win10 show any chat session from this link.

What do I need to do to get a chat. Do I need to open up the firewall in some way or some other device/browser settings? I've tried both Firefox and Edge browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulljl, I am sorry, but the chat window will automatically open if you use https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. If this is not happening, then something on the computers is actively blocking your ability to contact us.  Chat is available on mobile devices; please use a smartphone or tablet to begin the interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not on my Samsung phone either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the wife's iPad, still no chat window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell what might be bloccking a chat session with Adobe. None of my devices work. My laptop is new out of the box, nothing else installed, as it arrived. I have done absolutely nothing to actively block stuff. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be signed into your Adobe account to use chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was signed in on my tablet and laptop, maybe not on the phone or iPad, will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulljl, you may also want to try a different network. If none of the devices can get through, then the blockage could be upstream.  

It is also very likely that the inability to contact us is related to the Creative Cloud desktop app files becoming damaged or unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, rather weirdly I got through to chat on my phone after logging into my account after which the chat session popped up on both my other devices!

Update on the issue after remote technical support is that it was not resolved and I am now awaiting investigations by the 'back end' team. Will post back when I get further information.

Thanks for everyones help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, my issue is resolved and I wish I could share what the problem was but after an extensive remote session yesterday that failed to resolve the issue, I have recieved an email from Adobe today advising me that the problem has been resolved at Adobe.

So there was nothing wrong with my installation but something at Adobe was preventing CC Desktop from opening (presenting an error indicating a problem with the installation).

I have just successfully opened CC Desktop and I am proceeding with installation of my apps.

The only problem I now face is checking to see whether the unneccessary removal of components from my computer yesterday will have any adverse effect on other functions/features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Pauljl. I am showing that case ADB-18942410-Q7L5 is still open pending your response.  Please use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html if you need to make any updates to the case.  It will automatically close if no response is received.

Our chat team did need to pass your details on to our Engineers for a resolution to be implemented. For future viewers of this discussion, please do not hesitate to begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html if the suggestions in this public discussion were unsuccessful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop is new out of the box, nothing else installed, as it arrived

By @pauljl

Run Windows Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Yep, that happened automatically and the laptop is reporting being up-to-date. I've checked the Dell shipped drivers and all are up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unable to install CC Desktop on new Win10 x64 laptop . This is a clean install with no previous software or CC programs. Having the same problem on a newly purchased PC running Windows 10 x64.

For: @medCPucommunity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines