• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable To Register Macromedia StudioMX 2004

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running a Windows XP VM on a 2009 iMac, since 2010. I run several Windows business applications in this VM.  I have used the Windows XP VM without issues, for twelve years.

I replaced the 2009 Mac with a newer iMac, in May. I installed Parallels 17 and the Windows XP pvm file. All works well.

I purchased a Windows 11 license from Microsoft, and, I created a new Windows 11 VM. All works well.  I intend to upgrade my seven year old accounting software to the most recent version, and, install it in the Windows 11 VM. I want to continue using my older business applications, in the Windows 11 VM. (They are compatible with W11.) Eventually, I want to remove the Windows XP VM from this iMac.

I have installed most of the older software on the Windows 11 VM, successfully.  All of the software works well.

I installed the Macromedia StudioMX software in the Windows 11 VM, successfully.  I entered the product serial number.  Neither the online registration method, nor, the telephone registration method are working.

I am content to use the eighteen year old Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and FreeHand.  They serve me well.

How can I register this software, or, make the software work?

Thank you.

Kurt

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS2-CS3-CS4 activation servers have been removed from service
-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html?promoid=19SCDRQK
-So even if you have a disc or saved download, CS2-CS3-CS4 are completely dead
-Adobe also no longer supplies the special non-activation version of CS2-CS3-CS4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they're not completely dead.  it's more accurate to say, they're dead for almost all practical purposes. 

eg, you can use un-activated macromedia, cs2, cs3 and cs4 for 1 month.

and actually, you can use beyond that if you're willing to reformat your hard drive, reinstall your os and then install your 1 month trial.  or install on another computer each month.  or some combination of the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear, John.

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have reviewed the end user license agreement for this product.  I am unable to locate any provisions or stipulations that assert that the software is service life time limited.

Furthermore, I am unable to locate any provisions or stipulations that assert that the software may not be transferred to another host environment.

Adobe reserves the right to terminate future support for this product.  This does not imply that the software becomes inactive.  The distinction is not subtle.  To employ an anology:  I just moved to a new house.  I have transferred my eighteen year old automobile to the new garage.  This transferral does not deactivate my eighteen year old automobile.

I request that Adobe provide activation for this software, for which I possess a legitimate license.  (During software launch, it accesses the license file or license registry entry.  Provide the file path to me.  I will transfer it to the new environment.  Or, provide the registry entry to me.)

Failing that, I request that Adobe provide a license for replacement software, which provides equivalent or greater functionality to my existing software, at their expense.

Thank you.

Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums.  i can tell you that's been the situation for years and i see no class actions about it against adobe.  or if you want to address adobe, do so here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines