• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to reinstall Lightroom Classic and Lightroom cloud

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I wanted to reinstall my Lightroom Classic version 9.4 due to a problem of the Cloud sync icon disappearing 3 seconds after launch (yes another strange problem!).
I uninstalled it through the Creative Cloud desktop app but now I cannot get it installed again. It appears as available in my plan, but noted as non compatible. Normal because I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and my computer is to old to upgrade.
Normally the 3 dots "More actions" icon is suppose to give access to "other versions" but I only have access to "more info" that redirects me to the Lightroom page of the non compatible version 11.0.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Creative Cloud desktop app. I've deleted the OPM.db file. I've logged out and In. I've tried online through my adobe account. Nothing works. I don't have access anymore to download my Lightroom Classic and Lightroom cloud apps. Please help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

@John T Smith. Thank you. Indeed you link worked. I could download the LR 6 and even the CC2019 8.0. And they install perfectly. I ended up chating with an Adobe attendant for the Customer Care center who provided me with a link for version 9.0 and a link for the LR Cloud 3.0. (CC2020)

So I have my apps on again, but of course they don't upgrade anymore.

Some information for other guys that should have the same problem:

- If you have old versions of your apps Adobe plan installed DON'T delete them

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know how far back this process will go, but try...
Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions
-the prodesign links go directly to Adobe's file server, so this process will
--only work until Adobe completely removes the old version(s) from the server
IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@John T Smith. Thank you. Indeed you link worked. I could download the LR 6 and even the CC2019 8.0. And they install perfectly. I ended up chating with an Adobe attendant for the Customer Care center who provided me with a link for version 9.0 and a link for the LR Cloud 3.0. (CC2020)

So I have my apps on again, but of course they don't upgrade anymore.

Some information for other guys that should have the same problem:

- If you have old versions of your apps Adobe plan installed DON'T delete them and try to reinstall them if you, as me, can't upgrade your OS. Adobe doesn't allow you to install them again except if you ask for a link through the customer center.

- The version they provide is the basic one. I had the LR Classic 9.4, I am now with the 9.0 and it won't upgrade anymore.

- The LR 9.0 and if I remember well even the 8.0 was syncing with LR Cloud. This is no more the case. As the attendant told me this feature is no more available. Only the Lightroom Classic versions 10.4 and later support now syncing. Hope this help. Have a nice day everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines