• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see or download older versions of Photoshop through CC.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a machine I sometimes have to use I am running an older OS that was previously loaded with Photoshop 2017. The computer was restored to a older restore point on which Creative Cloud was not present. After installing CC, the three dots to choose other versions of Photoshop are now gone. It merely tells me that this machine is incompatible and I have no other options. My account is part of a team and this is not a trial version.

Additional info: This is a work computer that's primarily used for other tasks, but the need for an older version of Photoshop persists. Being a work computer, I cannot change the OS, as some of the other applications require it. The inability to restore Photoshop 2017, or at least '18 or '19, will be problematic.

Without the ability to select older versions of Ps in my current version of CC, can I install an older version of CC? Is there any way to do a direct download of Ps 2017, 2018, or 2019 from Adobe (not 3rd party)?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Creative Cloud supports only the last 2 major release versions -- the current one and the previous version.  And only when you check the box to "Show Older Apps " from Settings in your Creative Cloud Preferences.

If you still require older versions, don't auto update apps and don't uninstall older versions.

See 2017 Direct Download Links:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud supports only the last 2 major release versions -- the current one and the previous version.  And only when you check the box to "Show Older Apps " from Settings in your Creative Cloud Preferences.

If you still require older versions, don't auto update apps and don't uninstall older versions.

See 2017 Direct Download Links:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The direct download link I posted above is safe.  It's an actual Adobe Installer on Adobe's servers.  The links are published by an Adobe Community Professional with Adobe's permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will give it a try. The download links do not appear to be Adobe Servers, though. Are they redirecting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are legitimate links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are they redirecting?

Yes. To the Adobe trial version servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines