• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to uninstall old versions of adobe apps

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated all my adobe apps to CC (2018), All apps are up to date in my creative cloud app. But in my applications folder I see all apps in both 2017 and 2018 versions. This takes up a lot of space on my computer. Old files default to 2017, and new files default to 2018 (indesign 2018 files wont open in 2017 etc) How can I uninstall the old versions (2017) when they are not listed in my creative cloud app?

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 08.12.47.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-08 at 08.11.55.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

I would recommend you to use the Cleaner tool to remove these apps: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems , make sure you are selecting the correct version from the list to remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christianv60308384,

As you have mentioned you would like to uninstall the older versions of Creative Cloud apps, you may do that using your Creative Cloud desktop app.

Please launch your CC desktop app and go to settings wheel in the top right corner > Click 'Preferences' > Click 'Creative Cloud' > now click the check box for 'Show older apps'

Now go back to apps list and you should be able to see the older versions of Creative Cloud apps listed under it, you may now uninstall them.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani and thanks for your reply... I have tried this option, apps are still not showing in creative cloud desktop. I have also tried to sign out and sign back in...

Any other options?

C

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 12.34.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend you to use the Cleaner tool to remove these apps: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems , make sure you are selecting the correct version from the list to remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cleaner tool works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines