• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to uninstall Photoshop 2022

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that Photoshop 2022 does not show up in Adobe Creative Cloud but it does show up on my PC. I tried uninstalling Photoshop 2022 from Control Panel which redirects me into Adobe Creative Cloud and Photoshop 2022 doesn't uninstall when I uninstalled it within Adobe Creative Cloud.

I downloaded Photoshop 2023 to check if I can uninstall 2023. When I uninstalled Photoshop 2023 there were no issues, it showed the progression of the uninstallation but for Photoshop 2022 it just shows uninstalling>finishing in 1 or 2 second and nothing happens and Photoshop 2022 remains on my PC.

Is there way I could uninstall Photoshop 2022?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Reinstall the app to overwrite the previous files of the app. After the installtion is done you can now uninstall it and the folders should be deleted along with the uninstallation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Sometimes the best solution is to clean house and start over.

You can use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove your previous installs giving you a clear runway to reinstall the software.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first step is to get your cc desktop app to recognize that ps 2022 is installed, but if you already started this process, a complete cleaning may be needed.

so, did you make any changes to the 2022 installation when you started the control panel  process (or doing anything else)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't make any changes to 2022 tried to uninstall it and didn't work since Creative Cloud doesn't detect the app as installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EagleshadowCT 

does your cc desktop app show ps 2022 is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall the app to overwrite the previous files of the app. After the installtion is done you can now uninstall it and the folders should be deleted along with the uninstallation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad No, my cc desktop app did not show ps 2022 as installed.

@ELI26949027x4yk This worked! I found which version exactly ps 2022 was by going Help > About Photoshop, then in cc desktop app I installed that older version and when it was finished installing the install button turned into uninstall and I was able to uninstall it. Now the photoshop 2022 files are finally gone. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then @ELI26949027x4yk solution should work. glad it did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and did this and it didn't work. It still won't uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which version of photoshop is installed that you want to uninstall?

what's your cc app say about that version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the best solution is to clean house and start over.

You can use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove your previous installs giving you a clear runway to reinstall the software.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Stohlmayer - Thank You sooo much!! Finally an easy way to get rid of all Photoshop 2022 files. I /have tried several ways withour success - your method did the work in seconds!  Thank You so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know exactly what you mean, and here's the counter-intuitive answer that worked for me on multiple CC apps:

1. Determine which older version number is currently installed. In Windows this is under Uninstall or change a program, e.g. 22.5.1
  2. In the Create Cloud app, click on Photoshop ... and "Other Versions"
  3. Install the version your computer is telling you is installed. This will force CC to recognise the app.
  4. Now Uninstall that version of the app.

It should now be gone. I had a bunch of 2022 CC apps I couldn't work out how to get rid of and this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines