Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update Creative Cloud: Error 507

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Whenever I try to update Creative Cloud I get the this error: "Encountered issue in updating Creative Cloud. Error code 507"

I googled the error and it says that its caused by the volume being offline. But my volume is perfectly fine, I also tried to change the install location of CC to see if it would fix but it didn't. What can I do to fix this?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply,

The volume is definitely online and it still won't update. I want to try the fix where the volume is offline but there isn't a 'View error log' button in my error message. How can i view the error log?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if disk manager showed your install target disc is online and that and the 507 error both persist after a computer restart:

reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, either contact adobe support* or do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1614619881297.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work! I found the log file in my temp files and found out that the error was being caused by the Notification Manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled it through PowerShell and CC updated! Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there was no link to the log file in the error message, correct?

how did you find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was in my LocalAppdata\Temp\Adobe folder. There was a file called ACC, I went in it and searched for the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

hopefully, that will benefit someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mete Tugay  How did you fix this error through PowerShell please?

I have the same issue and found the log file in my temp files but not sure how to fix.

Really would like some advice.

Thanks

Rosa

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you made sure your problem is also caused by the notification manager the commands are: 

Get-AppxPackage -all AdobeNotificationClient

Remove-AppxPackage -AllUser

If it's another app then just replace the name with that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding @Mete Tugay 
I found this (Windows cannot install package AdobeNotificationClient_3.0.1.1_x86__enpm4xejd91yc to volume E: with media ID {20202020-5720-2D44-6950-8B5B6C0EA43B} because the volume is offline.)

So I know it's the Adobe Notification client.
Did you have to exit the CC app?

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should exit the app first so that it can be removed if I remember correctly. Once you reopen CC, it should automatically do the update while also reinstalling the Notification Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much @Mete Tugay  for your help and quick response.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mete Tugay 

Thank you! It worked!

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines