• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalled products are still taking up space

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several Adobe products that I used to use still taking up space on my computer despite no longer being installed and every method I've used to try and get them removed have resulted in it not being found on the computer. So why is it still taking up so much space? I've looked online and there seems to be no clear answer for what's going on.

12123131312321323.png22221.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you used this?

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and it doesn't work out for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you still have a subscription, you can reinstall those apps to restore the uninstaller and then properly uninstall, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html and clean.

otherwise, you can manually delete adobe folders that detected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both of those before and they just wont uninstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your last message is unclear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of your suggestions I have tried previously and they did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friendlyy, do you encounter any specific errors while running the CC Cleaner Tool or the uninstallers suggested by John and Kglad?  How did the applications originally get installed on the computer?  What additional steps have you taken to remove the applications?  This will help ensure that we don't repeat a troubleshooting step you have already implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC Cleaner doesnt pick up the CC 2019 products at all as if it wasnt there. Pressing the uninstall button from the Windows uninstall menu just says it isnt there either. I also went ahead and looked for any files/folders I could that be apart of the CC 2019 products and deleted them manually. 

I downloaded them with the Creative Cloud app and then I uninstalled them as I didn't need most of them anymore. I don't know what the problem is but the computer doesnt recognize they exist but still does enough to say they take up space on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it sounds like most of the components have been removed; it is primarily the entry in Programs and Features showing it as installed that you cannot clear.

Do you use Adobe applications on this computer, Friendlyy?  Did you initially install the CC 2019 applications yourself, or did you acquire the computer with the applications already being installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still use Adobe Animate and Adobe Photoshop, yes. I installed them myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks, Friendlyy.  I am very sorry, but I don't have any additional suggestions.  The behavior in this discussion seems to indicate an application or disk cleaner may have been used to remove portions of both 2019 applications, leaving you stuck with the entry within Programs and Features.  Removing and reinstalling should have fixed this behavior, but it isn't.

Our chat support no longer supports 2019 applications, so you don't have any additional options for assistance beyond this public discussion.  You may want to consider backing up any critical files and then formatting and reinstalling Windows.  If you decide to install older Adobe applications, then make sure that you start with the oldest version first.  This will prevent any file association conflicts when the newer versions of the applications are installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think downloading the 2019 versions of the apps again and then uninstalling them would help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: that worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• what was different from my suggestion 4 days ago to reinstall the 2019 versions in order to restore the uninstallers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know this is a somewhat old thread, but as I'm in the process of unistalling a number of older versions of Adobe apps (2019 -> 2022) from a 2017 macbook pro (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Premiere) I'm experiencing the same as described here. All applications have been installed with the creative cloud app and I'm uninstalling them from the uninstall file in the app folders. It really takes up more space on the HD the more of these I uninstall. I wonder what's gong on? I think it might have to do with me getting a new user account (from work) and that it doesn't recognise them as belonging to the present account. However - the uninstall process should work no matter and should be looked into by Adobe. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Thor23381920grgg 

you need to use the correct account to uninstall. in addition, you should be using the cc desktop app to uninstall which would make you choose the correct account in order to uninstall:

uninstall every cc app per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

----------------------------------------------------

and if you're trying to clean everything cc from your computer also,

uninstall the cc desktop app, using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines