• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

uninstalled programs still there, multiple programs versions, brushes, libraries, textures, etc miss

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that I'm going to have to completely wipe my computer clean of adobe all together, I have no idea what else to do, everytime a new program version comes out, it leaves the old programs on my computer.  I try to uninstall programs that I'm not using but I go to my files and they are still there.  I'm working in photoshop and lightroom and all of my brushes, libraries, texture patterns... everything is just gone, I have gone through all of the folders that I can and I can't find them anywhere and I didn't uninstall either of those programs,  I currently have all versions of Photoshop and Photoshop cc on my computer all the way back from 2018, and I've never used just Photoshop...  It's bad enough that my photos take up so much room, but now I have adobe hogging up a ton of space as well.  I tried to redownload some of my texture patterns for a project that I'm working on but I can't find them now...  If someone can access my computer remotely to try to help me clean up this mess I would greatly appreciate it, I'm far from a computer tech and  I really don't want to mess anything up!!  I added a screen shot of all of the folders that I have, but these are just the main folders, there are hundreds of folders inside of these.  

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files you are looking at are preferences and settings in APPDATA. These are NOT uninstalled along with software. And that's important! Often people want to carefully copy selected files into the settings for their new releases, so you need them to be there for that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WARNING: THIS WAS NOT A WISE THING TO SAY. DON'T ALLOW ANY RANDOM PERSON TO CONNECT TO YOUR COMPUTER TO "HELP". This would be the start of many problems very much worse than a few extra folders. Like your credit card and identity being stolen, or worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines