• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling PP 2019 if I have 2021

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using 2021 since it's release, but whenever I save a project, it shows the PP 2019 icon (see pic below).  I want to remove 2019, as well as 2020, and only have 2021 on my computer.  If I uninstall all the old versions, would it compromise the projects that were saved showing the old PP icons or if they were editing in the old versions? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 10.41.09 AM.jpg

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may backup presets , project , plugins....etc and then try uninstalling old version to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good call on all the backup stuff.  I've got it all backed up so now it's time to free up some storage.  Thanks for the reply 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That icon doesn't mean anything except that your operating system is associating those files with Premier software.  Feel free to re-associate the files to PP 2021 with Mac Finder or Win File Explorer. 

When you're sure you don't need old versions anymore, use your Creative Cloud Desktop App to remove them.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy.  I have reassociated all the files to PP 2021.  If that is all that needs to be done, I'll remove 2019.  Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines